1. Bell

2. Washington

3. Wilbon

4. Bradley

5. Bryant

6. Ozigbo

7. Mazour

Sad Panda: Miles

Running back by committee. Lots of them getting touches and in various roles. Bell gets the most touches followed by Bryant if he is healthy. That would be my naive guess. Wilbon, Washington, and Bradley fighting for playing time behind them with Oz fitting the big back roll. Miles backs up Spielman as a WR who sometimes lines up as a running back. By the time we get to our first game all my predictions will be off and I will have new ones :)

17 hours ago, Vince R. said:

To me, this is the most intriguing position battle. The talent is at an all time high (recent years). Many guys do different things. Who knows what happens when these guys get through conditioning. One thing is for sure, and thats that a lot of guys will play. 

That's quite the statement about talent.   In 2011 we had burkhead, ameer,  braylon heard, and Aaron green.   That's 4 top ten rated high school backs and Ameer all at the same time.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Crazyhole said:

That's quite the statement about talent.   In 2011 we had burkhead, ameer,  braylon heard, and Aaron green.   That's 4 top ten rated high school backs and Ameer all at the same time.  

We transitioned from Helu to Burkhead to Ameer. That's Classic-Era Nebraska level. I'd argue that was the best 3-back transition in school history. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

We transitioned from Helu to Burkhead to Ameer. That's Classic-Era Nebraska level. I'd argue that was the best 3-back transition in school history. 

It's reminiscent of going from Derek Brown to Calvin Jones to Lawrence Phillips to ahman green, or hipp-redwine-Craig-Rozier-dubose-Jones-clark in the late 70s into the 80s.  

Helu was so vastly underrated when he was here it's a shame, and it's not even a matter of him getting no respect, I just think he's in the same conversation as green, Phillips, and rozier when it comes to the best in our history. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

It's reminiscent of going from Derek Brown to Calvin Jones to Lawrence Phillips to ahman green, or hipp-redwine-Craig-Rozier-dubose-Jones-clark in the late 70s into the 80s.  

Helu was so vastly underrated when he was here it's a shame, and it's not even a matter of him getting no respect, I just think he's in the same conversation as green, Phillips, and rozier when it comes to the best in our history. 

All three of them are in the top 10 of total rushing yards in program history. Jones-Phillips-Green probably exceeds it, but I'd be hard pressed to argue anyone else that does.