The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

10 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Possibly an inaccurate report by Severe. Moses was wearing red today with the defense in the picture I saw. 

Maybe he saw the back of Tre Bryant's jersey?

Wherever Moses Bryant plays, I hope he does well because he has a great (and tough) backstory.

SEEN: Washington is definitely 170 pounds, but he's long and still has some moves. In an Oklahoma-style drill, the true freshman spun away from a tackler and cruised untouched to the opposite side of the drill to some cheers from teammates.

SEEN: Tre Bryant looks healthy. Healthy enough he didn’t have braces on his knees. Full contact in practice, too.

OWH

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder, and hope, we’ll be looking back at the end of this season wondering how it would have gone if he hadn’t gotten that ACT score.

Plus, this will have a bigger impact for 2019, considering Washington will have a year of playing college ball under his belt.  Looking back to when LP showed flashes of brilliance as a true freshman in 1993, and then starred as a sophomore in 1994.  LP would have won the Heisman in '95 if it weren't for his issues.  Ahman Green was another who shined as a freshman, but injuries hampered his sophomore season, then he was a beast as a junior.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, Moiraine said:

Ya I don’t get it. Practice a ton of RB because none of them have shown they’re good enough.

I'd just like to add that it's the OL also that hasn't "shown they're good enough".  If the strides have really been made in correcting the OL issues then we should see a nice increase in production even with the backs we have.  Ya, perhaps we have been down a notch in terms of great RB's ... but between philosophy and bad OL fundamentals and scheme what RB was gonna really be a stud.  I think we have a few really good RB's now ... hopefully the OL takes a big jump as that will really help us to get a few more 3rd down conversions and keep the offense on the field.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It'll be interesting to see how MW's role shapes out this season and if his current body size is any sort of a concern, or if it could limit him in any way early in the season.

I can't remember where I saw it this morning, but Walters was asked about Washington's weight.  He said they aren't concerned about his weight at this time, and they are just going to let Washington play.  I am sure they want to add some bulk to Washington but Walters' comment today was "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I can't remember where I saw it this morning, but Walters was asked about Washington's weight.  He said they aren't concerned about his weight at this time, and they are just going to let Washington play.  I am sure they want to add some bulk to Washington but Walters' comment today was "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

Yeah - I read the same thing in the LJS - Husker Extra.

• Plus1 1

Thanks for the notice! Just found it here from the LJS:

Washington weighs in around 170 pounds. Walters said Washington will gain weight over time, but his current weight is not a problem. “He plays well the way he is,” Walters said. “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.”

• Plus1 3