The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Watch the ref’s face on the left at 0:07

I liked how he helped his lineman out with the step to the left and poof, he’s gone.  I’m getting more optimistic for the season seeing some of the freshmen, JUCOs and transfers contributing. 

• Plus1 1

Obviously everything is going to get over-hyped for the new few weeks.

And I don't know how the first team/second team/etc. breakdown actually went today

But as far as Washington goes, he is a true freshman that showed up last week.  At what might be our deepest position.  And he was right in there with at least the second string.

I think that says something.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Obviously everything is going to get over-hyped for the new few weeks.

And I don't know how the first team/second team/etc. breakdown actually went today

But as far as Washington goes, he is a true freshman that showed up last week.  At what might be our deepest position.  And he was right in there with at least the second string.

I think that says something.

I made this comment in my status update, but I also think that Washington has the speed and athleticism which has been missing on previous rosters (or even the roster in the spring)  When there are comments from different players and coaches specifically mentioning Washington, he obviously stands out in practice.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I made this comment in my status update, but I also think that Washington has the speed and athleticism which has been missing on previous rosters (or even the roster in the spring)  When there are comments from different players and coaches specifically mentioning Washington, he obviously stands out in practice.

Definitely agree.

And as far as the weight concerns go, De'Anthony Thomas was 169 pounds at Oregon.  As a junior.  He seemed to do OK.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Definitely agree.

And as far as the weight concerns go, De'Anthony Thomas was 169 pounds at Oregon.  As a junior.  He seemed to do OK.

He was also 5'9....I'm not concerned about his weight a whole lot, he will gain that for the 19' season. What we can clearly see though is that he is an electric player. We haven't had that since Abdullah left in 2014 

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Something they were just talking about on the radio.  Last year, no RB at UCF averaged more than 15 carries per game.  That would allow someone like Tre Bryant or a lighter Freshman to stay healthy.

Yeah, there was talk this morning that they really liked using four RBs last year - one probably more of a Duck-R.  But that kept people fresh. 

But I could definitely see Bell, Washington, Bryant and Spielman doing the same.