The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

14 hours ago, Enhance said:

Makes sense. Based on what we've seen, he doesn't have the acceleration or top end speed of at least three of the other backs.

It's fascinating to reflect on just how much this situation has changed in a few short weeks. If Bryant had been too injured and Washington didn't qualify, we would've been looking at a far different situation in which Ozigbo may have played a deeper role. Now, on paper at least, we're looking at what could be the deepest running back rotation here since 2011 and maybe one of the better ones in the B1G if things play out well.

the chances of all these running backs staying  healthy the entire season are slim.........we will see them all in this offense. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm slightly concerned that if Frost shows that this is how he wants to manage his RBs, it will affect RB recruiting in the future.  On one hand, you can tell the recruit, "Hey, I will get you carries to prove what you can do on the field but I'm not going to over use you."  But, as with any position, a lot of top RBs will want to have the chance to be THE GUY and get that 1,000 - 1,500 yards himself.

I think you just described the philosophical opposite of the type of player this staff will be recruiting.  

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I guess there's some semantics in here but I don't think it can be both.  Maybe "as healthy as he's going to get" but to me "all the way back" would be no restrictions.

I see what you're saying. I've interpreted it to mean he can do everything, they just want to be cautious given the nature of his condition.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Zig mentioned for his breakaway ability. Interesting based on some previous comments in this thread. 

Agreed. I wouldn't have anticipated seeing Zig's name mentioned before someone like Bryant. Goes to show how little I think I know sometimes. :lol:

20 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Zig mentioned for his breakaway ability. Interesting based on some previous comments in this thread. 

Reports are he's had a great offseason. The great thing about coaching changes is it doesn't matter what you did, it's about what you plan to do. Some players will lose ground, others will gain it. A slimmer, faster Ozigbo can only be a good thing.

• Plus1 1