The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

25 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Huh weird, just like I said yesterday and was chastised, there you go Mavric, there's your proof. 

Could be that Oz has really improved a lot this year. The Oz from last year would not have fit well in this offense imo. Held mentioned that he was making cuts more quickly. While he doesn't have the speed if he can hit the hole faster that could open up some big runs. If Bryant was healthy I bet Oz would be further down the list.

50 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Huh weird, just like I said yesterday and was chastised, there you go Mavric, there's your proof. 

You said he was running with the ones, where in this article does it say he was running with the ones?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MLB 51 said:

This quote from Held explains what happened to Wilbon

“We want to break the blitzers’ will,” he said. “So when they come, we’re going to stick our nose in there and get after it. We’re not going to shy from contact. You can’t play for me if you’re soft and won’t stick it up in there.”

He probably won't see the field unless there are injuries to all the other RBs.

• Plus1 3

Interesting. I was under the impression that Bryant was 100 percent. I guess he still has a little ways to go. Miles Jones is not mentioned bring in the rotation in Sipple’s article. Perhaps he is now spending more time in the receiver rotation? As for breaking blitzes, teams will try to with our inexperienced QBs, but what a big risk that will be with all the speed with our skilled players. 

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He will be less utilized with Frost, most likely. Even though we'll run more.

Goodie. We won't have to watch him tap his helmet to be subbed out after a 10 yard gain anymore. Man, our team last year was so out of shape it's unbelievable. I for one just think Ozigbo lacks that 3rd gear that guys like Bell, Washington, and Bryant have.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Pretty much no on every account.

First, as @The Dude asked, where were you chastised?  I said I disagreed with you then when you insisted I asked where you had seen that because I hadn't.  So far you haven't provided anything to back up your assertion.

Second, as @Ziebol noted, there is nothing in there that says he is "running with the ones."  Held is complimentary but says nothing about where he is on the depth chart.  Let alone allow for any number of back that may be one spot higher in the practices where Bryant is limited.

So if this is your "proof", I'm inclined to think that you don't really have any.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much no on every account.

First, as @The Dude asked, where were you chastised?  I said I disagreed with you then when you insisted I asked where you had seen that because I hadn't.  So far you haven't provided anything to back up your assertion.

Second, as @Ziebol noted, there is nothing in there that says he is "running with the ones."  Held is complimentary but says nothing about where he is on the depth chart.  Let alone allow for any number of back that may be one spot higher in the practices where Bryant is limited.

So if this is your "proof", I'm inclined to think that you don't really have any.

I don't know what more proof you would need.   He's not going to get significant time, which he will, practicing with the 2s.  Held doesn't say anything about the depth chart, except to suggest Bell is the starter.   I hadn't "seen" anything as it wasn't in anything yet, but then it came in an article in a timely fashion.   Here's the bottom line, it is happening.  If you want to convince yourself even after the article that he isn't running with the 1s in the main rotation, and the main play set, that's totally your call.   Just saying I'm fairly confident with my timing and knowledge of the situation there.  Like 98% of the people here most of the stuff people "know" can't be laid out in links or media coverage, until you know it gets published.  

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, KingBlank said:

I don't think you are making a play for serious time without running with the ones.

So in other words, you're assuming he is running with the ones?  Don't get me wrong, I like Ozigbo and would love to see him push for top spot playing time.  But with the injection of Frost hand picked talent, that time is going to be extremely hard to come by unless he has become a totally different player from last year.

• Plus1 1