The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Except short yardage situations have never been his strength....Maybe that's changed under this staff. He's at his best at the second level.

I don't think there is another RB on the roster who could flourish in a short yardage situation better than Ozigbo, now that players are held accountable for their production and S&C.

28 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Except short yardage situations have never been his strength....Maybe that's changed under this staff. He's at his best at the second level.

Agree with you on this.

However, I will say that a lot of the problem has been Langsdorf.  When you line up in a two-TE, I-formation - 10 guys in tight formation - the defense can also put 9-10 guys in close to the LOS.  Not a lot of room to run for anyone.

If Oz really is even a step faster but has more room to run because there are three WRs spread around and only  6-7 in the box, it should work out better.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

I don't know what more proof you would need.   He's not going to get significant time, which he will, practicing with the 2s.  Held doesn't say anything about the depth chart, except to suggest Bell is the starter.   I hadn't "seen" anything as it wasn't in anything yet, but then it came in an article in a timely fashion.   Here's the bottom line, it is happening.  If you want to convince yourself even after the article that he isn't running with the 1s in the main rotation, and the main play set, that's totally your call.   Just saying I'm fairly confident with my timing and knowledge of the situation there.  Like 98% of the people here most of the stuff people "know" can't be laid out in links or media coverage, until you know it gets published.  

I don't think your definition of "proof" agrees with Webster.

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It’s pretty obvious they are better based on the coaches’ and players’ comments, and the fact that even if he was the best RB last year, he wasn’t that good.

And I really don’t get why you’re saying he was underutilized unless you just mean we didn’t run it enough, which I agree with. He had the most rushes by far.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The run game in general, him specifically.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

And what are you basing this on with such certainty?

The first running back that Frost talked about today was Devine...... just because I put some CORRECT information out there before it starts to come out in the cycle doesn't mean I'm just assuming things.   Why would even state it in the first place?  Seriously..... dudes

On 8/10/2018 at 7:00 AM, Crusader Husker said:

Is this the best stable of running backs since the "We" back days?

Uh, you had LP and Ahman Green in '95, with Benning and Childs backing them up. 

You also had Helu and Burkhead in '10, and Burkhead and Ameer in '11 and '12. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

The first running back that Frost talked about today was Devine...... just because I put some CORRECT information out there before it starts to come out in the cycle doesn't mean I'm just assuming things.   Why would even state it in the first place?  Seriously..... dudes

Still isn't any sort of concrete evidence Ozigbo was running with the 1s. In fact Frost talking about Ozigbo first means very little to me unless he specifically said "devine has been running with the 1s" if we are going to play 3 or 4 running backs it makes sense he would get some reps anyway even if he was 3rd or 4th string

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, KingBlank said:

I don't know what more proof you would need.   He's not going to get significant time, which he will, practicing with the 2s.  Held doesn't say anything about the depth chart, except to suggest Bell is the starter.   I hadn't "seen" anything as it wasn't in anything yet, but then it came in an article in a timely fashion.   Here's the bottom line, it is happening.  If you want to convince yourself even after the article that he isn't running with the 1s in the main rotation, and the main play set, that's totally your call.   Just saying I'm fairly confident with my timing and knowledge of the situation there.  Like 98% of the people here most of the stuff people "know" can't be laid out in links or media coverage, until you know it gets published.  

Ozigbo will have a role, but he won't be a featured back, nor will he get as many carries as Bell or Bryant, barring injury. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Even if he has some time running with the 1s in some practice that someone saw. Who Cares. I am sure the coaches are putting the top 4 backs in with the 1 offense to get them reps. If they plan to use 4 backs this year they will need to practice hand offs etc with both qbs. The coaches are giving everyone meaningful reps at this point mixed and matched in all kinds of scenarios to give everyone good looks.