Spring Game Part Deux

Vizsla1

Small rumor coming out of the athletic department- they are giving strong consideration to having a second "practice" game open to the public.  I guess Coach Frost and staff are kind of "upset" that all the people that wish to attend the Spring Game, can not attend.  They are exploring logistics surrounding the idea and hope to make an announcement shortly.  So save yourself a few $100 and wait before buying those $500 tickets.  How cool would that be?  Can you imaging selling a recruit the idea that almost 180,000 people attended your practice game?  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I am weirdly opposed to this.  The spring game is special because it's the culmination of spring practice and all the conditioning work the players did in the winter.  To have 2nd spring game, I think, devalues the first one immensely.

I agree somewhat.  I think there should be just one spring game, but maybe they can have an open practice in Memorial stadium as well.

6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I am weirdly opposed to this.  The spring game is special because it's the culmination of spring practice and all the conditioning work the players did in the winter.  To have 2nd spring game, I think, devalues the first one immensely.

Not arguing with you.  But the rumblings seem to be more of the other "events" would basically be more of an open practice - they usually have scrimmages on Saturdays in the spring - than a full-blown spring game.  So I don't think it would be nearly the same production but still give other people a chance to get in the stadium and watch them play.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Not arguing with you.  But the rumblings seem to be more of the other "events" would basically be more of an open practice - they usually have scrimmages on Saturdays in the spring - than a full-blown spring game.  So I don't think it would be nearly the same production but still give other people a chance to get in the stadium and watch them play.

That would be better.  

Although the paranoid side of me thinks it's better to not have open practices.  Whatever happens though, I have full faith and confidence in Frost, Moos, and the rest of the UNL coaching staff and administration to do the right thing(s).

On 2/14/2018 at 2:35 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

Agree 100% on this, I can understand all the excitement about the program right now, but a second game is a bad idea.  

Tom Shatel Tweet today - Just spoke to Bill Moos for a weekend column. He says there are no plans for an additional spring game, comment made in jest. But adds in future they are looking at providing more spring access for fans......

Well, at least they are looking at pleasing the fans somehow.  Would have been a heck of a coup if they did.  Think of the ability as a fan to discuss the changes/improvement/contrasting the first & second game.  That would have been wild for us to do.