Nebrasketball Game #29- @ Illinois (Sunday, February 18- 2:30pm- BTN)

What will the game result be?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Illinois win by single digits
    • Illinois win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/18/2018 at 08:51 PM

1 minute ago, Plaza23 said:

Terrible loss. 

Game changed when Watson missed an uncontested layup.  Tshimanga then fouled over the back. 4 point swing.  From a 3 point lead, to 1 point down.

Glynn Watson has had a terrible season. He was better as a freshman than he is today.  Not sure what happened to him, but Tim should bring in another PG for next year.

I really hope he responds the rest of the season to show the critics like us that he has it in him. If not Allen and Johnson will step right up. 

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We had much more than Illinois to play for :/

True but anything can happen on senior night. Michigan will be a neutral sight game plus they are pretty much a lock. 

2 minutes ago, Huskerlambs said:

That was so hard to watch.  F… Robbie Hummel.  I don't know which Illinois player he's banging, but he was a homer bitch for them.  I couldn't stand listening to him.

COULDNT AGREE MORE 

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

looks like we need some cheese with all the whine.    Most all of you said we would win less than 6 on the big 10.

After we signed Scott Frost as head football coach, I could honestly care less if we won 0 games in basketball.  No need to get upset with it.

11 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

That is the most ignorant comment fans make

If you intend it to me that we didn’t try or didn’t care enough

*rolls eyes* You're reading a lot more into the post than what I'm saying. What I'm saying is having more to play for doesn't necessarily mean a lot. An underdog in football with no hopes of making a bowl game can beat an undefeated team.

I don't think we didn't try or care. I think Illinois had a fluke night where they were hitting shots they don't normally hit for a good part of the game.

8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

looks like we need some cheese with all the whine.    Most all of you said we would win less than 6 on the big 10.

What are you even talking about? People are disappointed we lost. How dare they!

Expectations can and do change as the season goes on and you find out what the team is capable of. The fact people are disappointed is a good sign.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2
Just now, Moiraine said:

*rolls eyes*

You're reading a lot more into the post than what I'm saying. What I'm saying is having more to play for doesn't necessarily mean a lot. An underdog in football with no hopes of making a bowl game can beat an undefeated team.

I don't think we didn't try or care. I think Illinois had a fluke night where they were hitting shots they don't normally hit for a good part of the game.

Our defense was horrible.  At least 8 points on backdoor lobs!  Also, black has been a decent player the whole year yet our defense lost him plenty of times.