Nebrasketball Game #29- @ Illinois (Sunday, February 18- 2:30pm- BTN)

What will the game result be?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Illinois win by single digits
    • Illinois win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/18/2018 at 08:51 PM

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Some will adjust their own standards, but most "experts" thought it would be close on getting in if Nebraska won out.... They just lost to a 2-12 (in conference) team.... Barring a B1G Tourney finals appearance I'd say the tourney hopes are dashed.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Obviously we have to win out but I think if we reach the semis and keep the game competitive we will get in. 

23/24-10 should get us in with a little help. 

17 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

What the f#*k happened with Glynn? He was a good player his first two years and has been horrid all year. Time for more Allen and I have been saying this for months. 

Since we don't really run an offense, Watson was good the last couple years because he was the one that usually had the ball.  Now Palmer has basically taken over as the point guard so Watson is stuck mostly kind of watching and has a terrible time getting into the flow of the game.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

*rolls eyes* You're reading a lot more into the post than what I'm saying. What I'm saying is having more to play for doesn't necessarily mean a lot. An underdog in football with no hopes of making a bowl game can beat an undefeated team.

I don't think we didn't try or care. I think Illinois had a fluke night where they were hitting shots they don't normally hit for a good part of the game.

What are you even talking about? People are disappointed we lost. How dare they!

Expectations can and do change as the season goes on and you find out what the team is capable of. The fact people are disappointed is a good sign.

Disappointed is one think,  throwing a tantrum is another. 

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Since we don't really run an offense, Watson was good the last couple years because he was the one that usually had the ball.  Now Palmer has basically taken over as the point guard so Watson is stuck mostly kind of watching and has a terrible time getting into the flow of the game.

There is a lot of truth here

Gotta can your free throws. 56% from the line absolutely killed us.

I read this game as a team that came out not ready to play versus a team that came out badly wanting to be the spoiled AND happened to have a good night.

Didn't know Black put up almost 30 on us. That's pretty bad.

Either way, I already figured we'd have to do well in B10 tourney to have a shot at the dance. In that sense nothing changed.

2 hours ago, Plaza23 said:

After we signed Scott Frost as head football coach, I could honestly care less if we won 0 games in basketball.  No need to get upset with it.

Classic Nebrasketball fan. 

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

As Jake Taylor said in Major League there is only one thing left for this team to do in NYC to go dancing.

I've been saying that for weeks. 

• Plus1 1

[Former Nebraska guard Cary] Cochran, a former assistant coach at Wyoming and James Madison, felt the same way.

“From a basketball talent perspective, I think the argument would be made that Nebraska had better players, and I don’t think it was really that close,” he said. “So, I have a hard time going zone because I feel like the more possessions you have in a game, the better team is going to start separating itself.”

Staying in a zone defense effectively mired the Huskers in a half-court game.

“There’s a reason why if you go into high schools, the bad teams will hold it on teams because the fewer possessions you have, the lesser team has a better chance to win,” Cochran said.

Bingo.

“I felt like Illinois just shrunk the game considerably,” he said.

LJS