Friday Night Recruiting

15 minutes ago, hskerholic said:

I heard on Sharp and Benning that the last Couple previous Staffs wouldn’t go on the road in Nebraska to visit high school games before home games. But would travel to high schools sometimes 2-4 hours away on road games. 

Is is that a Normal Practice? It just seems weird to me. 

They were probably just going where they thought talent was.  They did not seem to value Nebraska kids in much of any capacity, and I think they underestimated the good will they could generate by traveling Nebraska.

There is a little more to that logistically I'd say.  Like home games are also recruiting weekends and they have responsibilities for the potential candidates on campus as well as game prep and managing the team the evening beforre.  

When I worked there we got a briefing on Sat am of each recruits performance the night before so its not like they dont pay attention to the games (and this was during TOs time - so he wasnt doing it either)

Many of you say that a recruit wont consider NE if we don't win .... the coaches first priority is execution on game day.  I'm gratful they're on campus with the team preparing.

• Plus1 1