***2018 Pre-Season Previews Megathread***

Saunders

This thread will serve as a megathread/reference guide for all the pre-season previews or the 2018 season. Click the team links for each dedicated preview thread. Once I have an initial preview for each team, just click the team name below to be taken to the thread for each team’s previews.

2018 Nebraska Previews

The Athletic - Nebraska welcomes home Scott Frost

CollegeFootballNews - Nebraska, It's On, But Be Patient

Athlon Sports - Nebraska 2018 Preview & Prediction

SBNation - What should we expect from Scott Frost’s first Nebraska team?

2018 Opponent Previews

09/01 - Akron

09/08 - Colorado

09/15 - Troy

09/22 - @ Michigan

09/29 - Purdue

10/06 - @ Wisconsin

10/13 - @ Northwestern

10/20 - Minnesota

11/03 - @ Ohio State

11/10 - Illinois

11/17 - Michigan State

11/23 - @ Iowa

Spring Rankings & LookAheads

CFN: 2018 Spring Rankings & Lookaheads

Athlon Sports 2018 Big Ten Predictions

Preseason Picks Rankings & Rankings

CollegeFootballNews - Preseason Big Ten Team-By-Team Predictions For Every Game

SBNation: 2018 Big Ten Power Rankings

2018 (Un)Official Pre-Season Media Days B1G Poll

The Athletic: Big Ten football predictions for 2018

CBS Sports: 2018 Big Ten Expert Predictions

If you find a new preview, post it in the relevant thread, and we'll embed it in the root post.

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I think the most likely loss of the 3 would be Troy. But no, I think (most) fans would recognize that the program was set back the past few years.

Agreed. CU lost a lot of their offense from last year: Top rusher who had 1474 of their 1886 total rushing yards last year (and 14 of 17 rush TDs), and 5 of their top 6 receivers accounting for 2477 of their 3125 receiving yards (and 14 of their 19 rec TDs).

Akron is coached by Terry Bowden. So we got that going for us.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You’d be foolish taking much stock in an untimed and unscored scrimmage, but quarterback Steven Montez showed familiar flashes of greatness and goofiness Saturday. He threw two touchdown passes, but also two interceptions. Then Montez ran for a 44-yard touchdown and followed it up with a football dunk over the goalpost cross bar — a celebration that didn’t sit well with coach Mike MacIntyre.

“We pulled him out after that,” MacIntyre said. “He came up and apologized to me. I told him, ‘Well, two years ago you were so fat you couldn’t have done that, so now you’re in better shape.’ But he’ll have a little bit of extra (work) in Monday’s practice. … I want him to have his passion, but I don’t want him to go up and dunk it. But he has that fire, that vinegar in him, which is really good.”

:lol:

5. Fan support. Spring games for many of college football’s most storied programs have drawn eye-popping attendance in recent years, headlined by a record-setting 80,134 at Ohio State in 2017. That figure is a pipe-dream for CU after it averaged 47,056 over its six home games last year. But with clear-blue skies and temperatures in the high-50s Saturday, there was little excuse for fans not to fill up Folsom Field with free admission. Yet, the final announced attendance wasn’t pretty: 4,500 — and that might have been generous. CU’s magical 2016 rise was followed by a disappointing five-win season. Reaching a bowl game in 2018 will go along way toward rejuvenating the fan base.

:thumbs Well done Puffaloes.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 2

Haha I made another post about it but I watched their spring game since it was televised and we play them this year. It wasn’t even a spring game, I had wondered if they even charged for it because it was practice drills followed by a bunch of situational “scrimmage” type drills. Like starting from the opposing 30 with 1:30 to go and having to get a score. Very lame and I’ve never seen anything quite like it.