** 2018 Opponent Previews: Troy (Game 3) **

Saunders

On 9/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, r06ue1 said:

This game has me worried especially after losing Martinez.  The thought of going 0 - 2 is unreal with the high expectations we had before the Akron game.  

This game has me very worried.  Nebraska SHOULD be able to just go take carte of business.  We will have had a week of practice to help fix the issues we saw in the CU game.  New players now have some experience at this level.  First game jitters should be gone for both players and coaches.

But, until this team actually does that....I'm nervous.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This game has me very worried.  Nebraska SHOULD be able to just go take carte of business.  We will have had a week of practice to help fix the issues we saw in the CU game.  New players now have some experience at this level.  First game jitters should be gone for both players and coaches.

But, until this team actually does that....I'm nervous.

I had a bad feeling about the Colorado game after the Akron cancellation, never posted my score prediction for that game.  Also had a bad feeling when Martinez took off late in the game (when he was injured), wanted him to pitch it outside.  I do feel better about this game if Martinez plays but without him it will be really close.  

This game could be closer than a lot of people think. Troy won big last week but was trounced by BSU in week 1. But, Troy had 4 lost fumbles and an INT in that game against a good BSU squad. If they don't commit those turnovers the game would more than likely have been a lot closer. Not saying they would have won but it probably wouldn't have been a blow-out.

The CU game scared me (enough that I picked the correct winner in the prediction contest). This game scares me too, especially if AM sits out. But rest easy since I picked DONU for a narrow victory this week:). I hope I'm wrong and we blow them out of the stadium like the good old days. 

• Plus1 1

I don't really know what to make of Troy. Boise took whatever they wanted against the Troy D: regularly burnt their DBs deep, gashed them up the middle (even against 8-9 man boxes), etc.

Troy offense likes to go fast. They did some QB switching against Boise and I think that kept them from getting a good rhythm going. Barker, the QB, can and will run. He's not Taylor Martinez fast but he's plenty fast. Their o-line did not look great. Boise got good pressure with only 4 guys, but he broke contain a couple times for decent runs and he hit some nice passes on the move.