Parkland, FL High School Shooting

8 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I also think this is a prime example of how flawed our government is. No better example to show how people can be bought than by shooting up schools full of children for 30+ years and no serious legislation comes as a result. Wonder how quickly things would change if it was a private school in the northeast? That statement sounds creepy, but it is an honest question that these legislatures should ask themeselves? How would their thoughts and prayers change if it were a school full of the congressmen and woman sons and daughters? Or what if it were the sons and daughters of some of the larger donors? Sort of like the vast overhaul as a result of the FBI building being blown up in OKC.

They were just shot at last summer and apparently Ts and PS was good enough for them too.

Edited by ZRod

50 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The black market isn't some corner store with "close out" prices.  I would be happy if we at least got to the point of that being the only source.  Prices alone would keep the guns out of the hands of some of these kids.  Not to mention a random teenager isn't going to be able to Google search where to find a source.  They'll have to ask friends and acquaintances for help which would hopefully raise some red flags.  Using the recent example: I can't picture a kid like Cruz wandering around rough neighborhoods and striking up conversations with community members assuming they are gang members and asking where he can get a gun.  

These same people doing this can very easily access the dark web in a means to obtain what they want.  It's a real problem that shouldn't be overlooked.  The point being still, that people who want to harm will find a way, mental instability and hate don't just give up because of prive inflation or harder access.

Nowhere in that did I say not to make obtaining a weapon harder to get.  Just want to reiterate that.

22 minutes ago, Redux said:

These same people doing this can very easily access the dark web in a means to obtain what they want.  It's a real problem that shouldn't be overlooked.  The point being still, that people who want to harm will find a way, mental instability and hate don't just give up because of prive inflation or harder access.

Nowhere in that did I say not to make obtaining a weapon harder to get.  Just want to reiterate that.

Maybe I missed it, but do you have a suggestion for fixing/minimizing the mass shootings?

1 hour ago, Redux said:

So because you think they can "very easily" access the dark web means we shouldn't even try to solve the issue? Could you point me in the direction of the dark web? I'd really like to check it out for myself. If all our answers are resting on notification of the mental health issue, then why is it the FBI still can't take credible threats seriously? Maybe, just maybe, if we get rid of some of the avenues for easy accessibility of these weapons we'd see less shootings. I'd take my risk with the numb-nuts having to find guns on the dark web versus relying on thoughts and prayers.

Edited by HuskerNBigD

March 24th if you have good shoes and really believe in doing something.  This page below will be updated with local marches (I understand Boston, Phoenix and Omaha are all in the works as well as others) if you can't get to DC.  https://www.marchforourlives.com/mission-statement

On a side note, if you haven't participated in a march in the last couple years I highly recommend it - it's good for the heart and it will reassure you that you aren't alone.  There is power in numbers.

25 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

So because you think they can "very easily" access the dark web means we shouldn't even try to solve the issue?

Pretry much ignored the bottom line huh?  Please reread that post, last line inparticular.

Edited by Redux
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Maybe I missed it, but do you have a suggestion for fixing/minimizing the mass shootings?

-waiting periods for guns

-stricter rules to purchase

-accessories more regulated

-background chacks more in depth

Same as everyone else.  I'd also like to see trained and armed guards protecting schools.

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Pretry much ignored the bottom line huh?

I didn't, but what I fail to understand is if the darkweb is really easy to access? I doubt it is, but I don't know and your post makes it seem like it is easy for anyone to do. I'd imagine that those who do access it are flagged by the FBI or some other agency and this would create another level of scrutiny. 

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

Same as everyone else.  I'd also like to see trained and armed guards protecting schools.

This is something I don't want to see... It's so sad and disgusting that we even have to consider this. I mean resource officer's are fine, but I would rather have an LEO than a trained guard. The LEO can do so much more than another person with a gun...

Why could my parents go to school without fear and kids had guns in the rack of their truck outside?

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I didn't, but what I fail to understand is if the darkweb is really easy to access? I doubt it is, but I don't know and your post makes it seem like it is easy for anyone to do. I'd imagine that those who do access it are flagged by the FBI or some other agency and this would create another level of scrutiny. 

Easier than you think and not nearly as traceable as you assume.

11 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is something I don't want to see... It's so sad and disgusting that we even have to consider this. I mean resource officer's are fine, but I would rather have an LEO than a trained guard. The LEO can do so much more than another person with a gun...

Why could my parents go to school without fear and kids had guns in the rack of their truck outside?

your parents had shotguns hanging in their trucks....not military grade weapons.   but yeehaw...muricans keep real guns now.