Parkland, FL High School Shooting

Just now, knapplc said:

You're the one who pulled my quote out of a thread full of hundreds of quotes.  Stop dancing.  What point are you trying to make?

I'm not dancing, you're the one who has failed to answer a direct question regarding the relevance of hunting to the topic.

Just now, Muck said:

I'm not dancing, you're the one who has failed to answer a direct question regarding the relevance of hunting to the topic.

You're the only one confused by that post. Perhaps you should go read the rest of the thread - which I'm not going to explain to you when it's in plain english on your screen - and start over making whatever point you're trying to make. 

Nobody is interested in playing this game.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're the only one confused by that post. Perhaps you should go read the rest of the thread - which I'm not going to explain to you when it's in plain english on your screen - and start over making whatever point you're trying to make. 

Nobody is interested in playing this game.

So no, you're unable to answer the question. Thanks.

So much for the reasonable discussion I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Muck said:

So no, you're unable to answer the question. Thanks.

So much for the reasonable discussion I suppose.

I asked you to speak plainly about your point. I'm not going to answer a series of vague questions while you hold your larger point in reserve, waiting to spring it after some line of questioning that, apparently, isn't much relevant to the thread. 

I don't think honest discussion is too much to ask for.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I asked you to speak plainly about your point. I'm not going to answer a series of vague questions while you hold your larger point in reserve, waiting to spring it after some line of questioning that, apparently, isn't much relevant to the thread. 

I don't think honest discussion is too much to ask for.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I asked a question, you are unwilling to answer. Hunting has zero to do with the underlying topic and I'm trying to understand why you believe it does.

Anyways I have to get back into the SCIF. Have fun. 

Edited by Muck
Just now, Muck said:

I asked a question, you are unwilling to answer. Hunting has zero to do with the topic and I'm trying to understand why you believe it does.

And as I've told you, I was directly responding to another post in this thread.  I put the quote in my post to clarify.

Do you want to have a discussion or are you interested in arguing?  Discussions are honest exchanges of ideas.

• Plus1 4

The question Muck is asking is if the AR-15 can be carved out of the 2nd amendment, why can't the internet be carved out of the first amendment? Speak freely, but not online, because it's dangerous. Some will say it's not, that online speech is no different really from other forms of speech -- just as some will say the AR-15 is much like any other rifle.

This is not unreasonable, and it's why I just want the 2nd amendment gone, or at least restored. If all the 2nd amendment provided for was militia participation, this wouldn't be an issue. If it literally means "the rights of people to own guns", then banning something like the AR-15 is a restriction on liberty. Personally, I think we should be able to freely choose how to regulate (or not) different kinds of weapons, and each state or city should be able to experiment with their own regulations. It's ridiculous that we have interpreted the 2A in such a way that regulating the AR-15 becomes tantamount to adding more "shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater" exceptions to liberty.