Parkland, FL High School Shooting

• Kiyoat Husker changed the title to Parkland, FL High Sschool Shooting

I like my guns but this is getting to be ridiculous.  Something has to be done.  As long as it doesn't infringe on my right to own them, or they try to take them away from me and other law abiding citizens, I'm all for it.  If it makes it a little more difficult for me to purchase them so be it.  

The million dollar question:  How do you solve this problem without ruining things for the non-crazy, law abiding people?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I like my guns but this is getting to be ridiculous.  Something has to be done.  As long as it doesn't infringe on my right to own them, or they try to take them away from me and other law abiding citizens, I'm all for it.  If it makes it a little more difficult for me to purchase them so be it.  

The million dollar question:  How do you solve this problem without ruining things for the non-crazy, law abiding people?

The problem is, law abiding gun owners like you and me will have to be willing to be more scrutinized.  THAT doesn't fly with so many.

For me and you, I have absolutely no problem having whatever back ground check is needed to be done on me.

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The problem is, law abiding gun owners like you and me will have to be willing to be more scrutinized.  THAT doesn't fly with so many.

For me and you, I have absolutely no problem having whatever back ground check is needed to be done on me.

Same here.  There's usually a reason for not wanting more scrutiny, so outcry or not, that's what needs to be done.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Same here.  There's usually a reason for not wanting more scrutiny, so outcry or not, that's what needs to be done.

I think you have the right idea, and I applaud you for it.  There COULD be some middle ground, where law-abiding responsible gun owners are not infringed upon, and law enforcement could go after the sources of funneling guns into the black market, implementing better tracking of owners and guns, etc.

BUT the first thing that would have to happen is the NRA would have to suddenly be willing to compromise,  or suddenly NOT be one of the most powerful lobbies on the Hill.  That just isn't going to happen, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

I think you have the right idea, and I applaud you for it.  There COULD be some middle ground, where law-abiding responsible gun owners are not infringed upon, and law enforcement could go after the sources of funneling guns into the black market, implementing better tracking of owners and guns, etc.

BUT the first thing that would have to happen is the NRA would have to suddenly be willing to compromise,  or suddenly NOT be one of the most powerful lobbies on the Hill.  That just isn't going to happen, sadly.

Because they are massively funded by gun manufacturers.  Interestingly, now that the NRA has a President that won't even consider any form of gun legislation, Remington took bankruptcy this week.

Gun sales are down because nobody is going out and buying tons of guns with the fear that Obama is going to come in black helicopters and take them away.

This is what I've been saying about the gun lobby is what is fostering all the fear about anti gun legislation.  Having Obama or Hillary in office is good business.

• Plus1 2

I am not a gun person.  I have never shot anything but a b-b gun, and it's just not what I am interested in.  I get that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible, law-abiding citizens.  However, I don't get why they fall back on their "right to bear arms" and cite their 2nd Amendment rights when the current country and gun technology bears no resemblance to what the United States was like when the Bill of Rights was written nearly 250 years ago.

• Plus1 4