Black Panther

54 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

It looks meh to me.

If you do go see it, don't get any ideas about dressing your children up as Black Panther on Halloween.... Ya know, cultural appropriation and all.:P

I'm not that interested in the movie neither. The Marvel/superhero stuff has never been my thing. Unless  I'm forgetting one, the last superhero movie I saw was the Maguire/Dunst Spiderman movie.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
1 hour ago, Dewiz said:

It looks meh to me. I still haven’t seen Thor 2, Thor 3, Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 cause they all looked meh as well

I can certainly understand not being interested in seeing it.  My 20 year old son who is a pretty big comic book movie guy really isn't that interested in seeing it.  I had no interest in seeing the first Captain America movie and finally watched it 1 night when we were getting free HBO.  I enjoyed it a lot, in fact it is my favorite of the Captain America movies.  

Of those others you have listed I have seen Dr. Strange on Netflix and Guardians 2.  Dr. Strange was meh as you would say it and Guardians 2 was good, not as good as the first one,but good. 

After watching the convoluted mess that the first Thor movie was, I have not been back to see another, Though I have heard the third one is pretty good.  It is suppose to be much lighter and humerus.   Kenneth Branaugh directed the first Thor movie and he thinks every story is a Shakespearean tragedy.  

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to seeing this and would rank it a solid B- as a movie, but definitely one of the best 'Marvel movies' so far. The imagery and soundtrack were pretty superb, as was Michael B. Jordan's role as the villain. I thought he was more entertaining than Chadwick Boseman, in all honesty. 

The downsides: story telling and supporting acting. I just had a tough time enjoying the performances of some of the supporting cast, even though they had charming/funny moments. I also felt the movie suffered from quite a few plot elements either left unexplained, undeveloped or largely ignored.