2018 Spring Game Visitors

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think the only way they cancel is if there's lightning like a few years ago. Some fans might not show up with weather like that, but most still will.

The good thing about the start time is that it will allow them to postpone if something happens. Also by starting at 11, you can get in and out before the time thunderstorms usually start, mid afternoon.

2019 Recruits
RB Thomas Grayson, Oklahoma 
ATH Ty Robinson, Arizona 
SDE Mosai Newsom, Iowa 
APB/RB Jouvensly Bazile, Florida
RB John Bivens, Ohio
WR Marlyn Johnson, Pennsylvania
OLB Spencer Lytle, California
WR Kyle Ford, California
WR Joshua Delgado, Florida (IMG)/California
OT Michael Lynn, Colorado 
WR/CB Bryce Childress, Missouri 
CB Jaydon Hill, Alabama
WR Marlyn Johnson, Pennslyvania
OLB Michael Jansey, Illinois
S Tyler Owens, Texas
OLB Ge'mon Eaford, Florida
ATH/WR Trustin Oliver, Colorado

CB Tacorey Turner , Alabama
2020 Recruits
RB Jaylan Knighton, Florida
WR Bryce Gowdy, Florida
WR Deajuan McDougle, Florida

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You think Frost would accept the commitment?  He said he doesn't want anyone to commit unless they are 100% N.  That would be a tough thing for a sophomore in HS to do, I would think.

I think if a Nebraska kid wanted N and they are worthy of an offer I say you take it. The more of them you can get listed as N the more it looks like it's not worth other team's time to come and attempt to poach in-state players.

19 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You think Frost would accept the commitment?  He said he doesn't want anyone to commit unless they are 100% N.  That would be a tough thing for a sophomore in HS to do, I would think.

Yes, I do. Also when I said "early", I didn't neccessarily mean this weekend.

I also think you were taking Frost's comment far too literal. We took Woodyards commitment, then he visited Tenn and we still let him sign. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Yes, I do. Also when I said "early", I didn't neccessarily mean this weekend.

I also think you were taking Frost's comment far too literal. We took Woodyards commitment, then he visited Tenn and we still let him sign. 

Frost didn't say he wouldn't sign a kid if they looked around.  But he said he prefers to not have early commits.  I don't know how else to take his comment

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Frost didn't say he wouldn't sign a kid if they looked around.  But he said he prefers to not have early commits.  I don't know how else to take his comment

I'm not starting another pointless arguement with you, sorry. I think we'd take his commitment early, you don't. Great, let's move on. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm not starting another pointless arguement with you, sorry. I think we'd take his commitment early, you don't. Great, let's move on. 

I have no opinion either way.  But you and a few others on here seem to be the resident experts and insiders regarding recruiting and I was seriously curious as to your thinking about taking an early commit based on what Frost has said about them.

Sorry for trying to expand on this further

Betts is a Nebraska kid. As far as committing early I think Frost understands if a local kid is ready to commit early- he is probably going to stay true. It would help tremendously with rebuilding the Nebraska local recruiting roots to lock up a top 100 recruit, who happens to be a local kid for 2020 already. Aside from that aspect of locking up a local kid- you are locking up a top 100 kid which I would imagine would help recruiting in general. Showing elite talent is coming.

18 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I have no opinion either way.  But you and a few others on here seem to be the resident experts and insiders regarding recruiting and I was seriously curious as to your thinking about taking an early commit based on what Frost has said about them.

Sorry for trying to expand on this further

I am no expert, just a fan. I pay a subscription and those experts provide info and reading I find worth the cost. I try to share pieces of information that I find informative or interesting, without breaking either sites premium info rules.

I also have my own opinions that I form. One of those is the opinion it would be nice to lock Zavier Betts up early. The staff has shown major interest in him/prioritized him, even though he's only a sophmore. He's rated as a top national prospect. Regional P5 schools are pushing, bigger ones will too at some point. 

"Locking him up early" for me would be anytime between now and the fall of his senior yearish. I think it's key to get the instate guys on board early as the foundation, see Jurgens. Unfortunately with Hickman/Henrich we are busy playing catchup.

It is possible he commit early (even this early), truly thinking he's 100% N...Jurgens did. Do I think he will, no. Do I think the coaches would happily except it, yes. Like a lot of things I don't think one shoe fits all as far as deciding who to take early and who not to. 

Just my thoughts, sorry for misinterpreting your post. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1