The WTH was I thinking chronicles

3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I know...I had to buy a gallon of orange juice to make it through it.  Orange juice will about make any beer tolerable. 

Does OJ actually taste good with beer? I don't know if you're joking because I don't drink beer except occasionally to make sure I still don't like it.

I would say OJ sounds gross with beer but since I think beer sounds gross with beer, I have no idea.

32 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Does OJ actually taste good with beer? I don't know if you're joking because I don't drink beer except occasionally to make sure I still don't like it.

I would say OJ sounds gross with beer but since I think beer sounds gross with beer, I have no idea.

OJ and beer- Yum. 

Tomato juice and beer-I’m not a fan but plenty love it 

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Orange beers are wonderful.  Pour about an inch of OJ in a glass, fill it up with beer and enjoy. 

4 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Orange beers are wonderful.  Pour about an inch of OJ in a glass, fill it up with beer and enjoy. 

I've never tried this or even heard of such a thing. I have a red beer from time to time but am going to have to try some OJ. I brewed a wheat beer once that I put orange peel and coriander in and that flavor was very good in it. Surprised I haven't considered this before.

16 hours ago, Redux said:

Year after I graduated, was living in Lincoln, came back home for the weekend to party with my buddy.  He had borrowed his brothers Dodge pickup so we started booze cruising at noon in style.  By that evening we were sloshed and started inviting people out to my farm for a party.  Classmate shows up with his Raptor in the back of his truck, the ones that would easily do 90mph and were top dog back in 2005.  My buddy tells him leave it on the truck, he didn't.  Bout midnight I jump on it and take off down the gravel road.  I made it roughly 60 yards before apparantely seeing something shiny in the ditch and took a hard left.

Next thing I knew I woke up for a second in a field.  Blacked back out.  Woke up as I was crawling towards ditch and tumbled through the barbed wire fence.  Woke up yet again laying in ditch.  Got up onto road holding my mouth.  Missing teeth, some sideways.  Jaw in incredible pain.  Lip split into 4 lips.  Buddy and some others come running up, he says to me "You okay?"  I move my hand and respond "Do I @#$%&*## look okay?".  Somehow I have the wherewithal to tell him to go tell my Mom what happened, tell another to get everyone out of there and the third....to get me to the hospital.  He had a camaro, we made it in record time.  I tried wandering in the ambulance dock, he had to help me find actual emergency entrance.

My Mom shows up with my Uncle.  Show them the damage after cursing the doctor poking my jaw, it's broken.  My sympathetic Uncle offers me popcorn, I decline.  Ambulance ride to Lincoln, already hooked up to good stuff so went from drunk to drugged.  This whole thing is somewhat a blur.  Go in for surgery quickly, I think?  I remember jolting awake at one point and half freaking out, but quickly being put back under.  Wake up again to a nurse telling me my blood pressure is too high, I either need to pee or get cathed.  I opt for the bedpan....but can't seem to pee due to the audience and drugs and laying down etc.  So the gentle woman RAMS this thing down my pee hole in hands down the most painful part of this entire incident.

Family and friends come visit my dumbass as I'm morphined up something fierce but super glad they fixed my teeth and mouth.  In the end I got my mouth cosmetically put back together, metal plates in my jaw, was missing two teeth and seceral scars from I'm guessing the barb wire fence I flew through after smashing my face on the handlebars.  Dental work is expensive.  I have only actually had a full mouth of teeth again for a little over a year.

We might be related.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I've never tried this or even heard of such a thing. I have a red beer from time to time but am going to have to try some OJ. I brewed a wheat beer once that I put orange peel and coriander in and that flavor was very good in it. Surprised I haven't considered this before.

Had a buddy order a pitcher of it some years back.  I thought he was just joking around with the waitress. But sure enough,  she brought it.  And it was pretty good.