Russia

The fact that this meeting was allowed to happen without witnesses is probably the most ridiculous thing that’s happened during Trumps  presidency , and that’s saying a lot. Why was this ever allowed to happen in the first place? 

My suspicion all along has been that Donnie is in massive financial debt to Putin? Putin owns Trump and this meeting was for Trump to receive his orders from Putin on what to say and how he wants things done . 

• Plus1 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

OK....the only other thing I can think of is Trump was being funneled Russian money and other kinds of help to get him elected.  Putin told him that he could release all the information on it if he doesn't surrender.

Wouldn't it be nice to see his tax returns?

That is what I mentioned above.  I think Putin has the ability to blackmail Trump.  Trump has been compromised and he knows it.  His ''performance" has no other reasonable explanation.  I cannot think of any president at any time in our history who would have said the things Trump said today. 

I hope  this is the day that Trump has lost the confidence of the Republican party and now the party, for their own survival will stand up and do something.  Will it happen - the track record says no but I can only hope.

I cannot imagine a president taking the side of a dictator over his own intelligence community.  How do you think those guys feel after being thrown under the bus before the whole world??  Trump has lost all credibility (what little he had).  He's shown to be an emperor with out clothes.  Time to remove the buffoon. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5959579/You-watching-one-disgraceful-performances-president-Anderson-Cooper.html

President Trump responded by first trying to change the narrative.   

'So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server, why haven't they taken the server. Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the democratic national committee,' said President Trump. 

'I've been wondering that. I've been asking that for months and months and I've been tweeting it out and calling it  out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know where is the server and what is the server saying? With that being said, all I can do is ask the question.'

He then answered the question of who he believed more by saying: 'So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Okay thank you.' 

Jim Acosta, who has been at the receiving end of President Trump's public attacks more than any other reporter since he took office, also weighed in on the press conference. 

'Yeah, Anderson. I think what you were just saying there a few moments ago, I think that sums it up nicely. This was the president of the United States essentially taking the word of the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, over his own law enforcement agency on this critical question,' said Acosta, who was in the room for the remarks.  

He then spoke about President Trump's response to that AP question, going on to detail his own reaction.

'But I will tell you, it was astonishing, just astonishing to be in the room with the US president and with the Russian president on this critical question of election interference and to hear the president of the United States retreat back to these talking points about DNC servers and Hillary Clinton's e-mails when he had a chance right there in front of us, right there in front of the world to confront Vladimir Putin and tell him to stay the hell out of American democracy, and he just didn't do it,' said Acosta.

'It was one of those moments, I think, obviously we all think this is a very big deal right now and sometimes these sorts of things can fade away. But I don't think this is one of those moments.'

A little bit more about the arrest of the Russian National, Maria Butina, who is charged with acting as an agent for the Russian Federation within the U.S., because it is a BFD.

A very informative Reddit post laid this out fairly well.

She was arrested Friday but we're just finding out today because the indictment was sealed.

She is charged with trying to advance Russian interests within our shores, via relationships fostered through someone the indictment terms "U.S. Person 1," a U.S. citizen & political operative she met in Moscow in 2013. U.S. Person 1 introduced her to American political contacts, including "GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION." I'll leave it up to you to determine who "GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION" might be.

She told U.S. Person 1 in March 2015 that "POLITICAL PARTY 1" would likely gain control of the U.S. government after the 2016 elections. Again, you'll have to work out who "POLITICAL PARTY 1" might be.

There is video of her straight up asking Trump himself in 2015 what his foreign policy vis-a-vis Russia would be should he win, specifically whether he would continue sanctions against them. He spits out some predictable anti-Obama blather and states he would likely get along with Putin very well and likely drop sanctions.

U.S. Person 1 sent an email in October of 2016 to an acquaintance covering a variety of topics but stating verbatim "Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns, I've been involved in secruing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key POLITICAL PARTY 1 leaders through, of all conduits, the [GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION]."

Likewise, he included a tweet pointing out the following:

Torshin is who Butina works for. He's a former Russian Senator but also a high-ranking Russian Mafia member wanted in Spain for money laundering charges. Spanish law enforcement wiretapped him resulting in a tape discussing Don Jr. which has been handed over to Mueller. The Spanish prosecutor: "Don Jr. should be worried."

All of which is to say, again, this is a pretty BFD.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

A little bit more about the arrest of the Russian National, Maria Butina, who is charged with acting as an agent for the Russian Federation within the U.S., because it is a BFD.

A very informative Reddit post laid this out fairly well.

She was arrested Friday but we're just finding out today because the indictment was sealed.

She is charged with trying to advance Russian interests within our shores, via relationships fostered through someone the indictment terms "U.S. Person 1," a U.S. citizen & political operative she met in Moscow in 2013. U.S. Person 1 introduced her to American political contacts, including "GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION." I'll leave it up to you to determine who "GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION" might be.

She told U.S. Person 1 in March 2015 that "POLITICAL PARTY 1" would likely gain control of the U.S. government after the 2016 elections. Again, you'll have to work out who "POLITICAL PARTY 1" might be.

There is video of her straight up asking Trump himself in 2015 what his foreign policy vis-a-vis Russia would be should he win, specifically whether he would continue sanctions against them. He spits out some predictable anti-Obama blather and states he would likely get along with Putin very well and likely drop sanctions.

U.S. Person 1 sent an email in October of 2016 to an acquaintance covering a variety of topics but stating verbatim "Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns, I've been involved in secruing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key POLITICAL PARTY 1 leaders through, of all conduits, the [GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION]."

Likewise, he included a tweet pointing out the following:

Torshin is who Butina works for. He's a former Russian Senator but also a high-ranking Russian Mafia member wanted in Spain for money laundering charges. Spanish law enforcement wiretapped him resulting in a tape discussing Don Jr. which has been handed over to Mueller. The Spanish prosecutor: "Don Jr. should be worried."

All of which is to say, again, this is a pretty BFD.

Imagine the uproar on fox new if this was happening to a Democrat. But since its someone on their team they dont care.

• Plus1 1