Russia

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've seen some comments from conservative Trumpers asking...why all the outrage when everyone wants good relations with other countries.

So....I've been doing some thinking to try to make sure I'm not just over reacting.  To me, I would have been fine with Trump having a meeting with Putin to try to improve relations....other than three things:

1)  He just has spent the last months demonizing all of our real allies and trying to tear apart every western alliance we have.

2)  When asked, he refused to say anything bad about Putin and Russia even though he was just informed of the indictments of Russians.

3)  The Mueller investigation and ultimate one on one meeting with Putin after we KNOW his campaign met with Russians.

It absolutely baffles me that people can look at these three things and then how he acted in the press conference and still act dumbfounded at the reaction the rest of the world had.

Even bigger than any of this is that it was a private meeting with Putin.

1 minute ago, commando said:

true

I'm glad you posted this.  I was actually starting to look for the transcript of this answer.  It makes absolutely no sense to change it to "wouldn't" when you put it in context with everything else he said.

This guy is a blubbering idiot and trying to cover his ass for a huge mistake he has made.

It reminds me of a second grader that was caught swearing in school and now has to explain himself to his mommy.

• Plus1 2

I’ve tried to repeat that sentence aloud replacing would,  with wouldn’t, and it makes even less sense that originally did! I can’t believe nobody could come up with a better attempt than this steaming pile of crap , and It blows my mind that people are actually buying it . Unfortunately,  I almost immediately saw support and defense for Trump on FB /social Media , after the speech today. Misspoke ? Nice try .  Sad 

Notice Trump's disclaimer in bold below after 'accepting the intelligence community's conclusion that it was Russia.

He just cannot bring himself to blame the Russians.  He has too much invested in russia or better yet, Russia has too much

invested in Trump Inc for him to do so.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/17/trump-white-house-lights-out/

Trump continued, “I will begin by stating that I have full faith and support for America’s great intelligence agencies, I always have. And I have felt very strongly that by the lack while Russia’s actions had no impact at all on the outcome of the election, let me be totally clear in saying that, and I have said this many times, I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. It could be other people, also.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1

I'll be shocked if anyone in the GOP actually does anything here. They've stood idly by for one clusterf#&% after another the past 2+ years. Even this current issue was on our radar way back then. I said before the 2016 election and I'll say again, this party deserves to die for tying itself to Trump. I just hope our country comes away in tact.

• Plus1 4

3 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

I’ve tried to repeat that sentence aloud replacing would,  with wouldn’t, and it makes even less sense that originally did! I can’t believe nobody could come up with a better attempt than this steaming pile of crap , and It blows my mind that people are actually buying it . Unfortunately,  I almost immediately saw support and defense for Trump on FB /social Media , after the speech today. Misspoke ? Nice try .  Sad 

A little humor in this dismal situation .lol 

B9BC3687-0E6A-4965-8A2D-A2164496D37B.jpeg

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, commando said:

this tucker carlson interview of trump seems to be exactly what putin ordered.

Jesus that whole thread of videos is an absolute joke. Especially the one where he talks about Russia helping us win WW2 and he feels a sense of loyalty to them because of it. Trump needs to go back to history class because Russia was actually aligned with Hitler until he secretly attacked them...what an embarrassment. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/07/15/on-russian-state-tv-putin-has-already-won-the-summit-with-trump/?noredirect=on

Pulled from reddit, but that's the reaction from Russa, "Trump is ours!" and joking about how the "republican lawmakers came to seek out their hackers for help rigging the midterms."

So, you know, at least this whole fiasco plays well with our new allies Comrades.