Russia

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

WH staff furious wt Trump over his press conference.  Kelly tells Congressional leaders to speak out against the

words Trump used and then pushes Trump to correct his verbiage.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/the-west-wing-revolts-after-trump-embraces-putin

Donald Trump's ego is usually going to control these things, but the Putin meeting came with a tough choice for him: 

1) Trump cannot admit to anything that would tarnish that amazing election-night victory or question the legitimacy of his Presidency.  In that world, Russian interference simply couldn't happen.

2) But he can't look like Vladimir Putin's bitch.  That might rile even the loyalists. 

So what is now disturbingly clear: Donald Trump ignored everyone's advice and went all-in on Option 1, a pathological choice given how easy it would have been for him to scale it back a couple ticks. 

This also suggests he doesn't think he looked like Vladimir Putin's bitch at all. In Donald Trump's mind he would have been big and forceful and awesome, especially in his attacks on the real enemy: the FBI and the press. He didn't see any of this the way the rest of the world saw it, which is why Vladmir Putin is smirking his ass off.

The only other theory is that Vladimir Putin wasn't playing him: he actually owns him. That Trump delivered the message -- public and private -- that had always come with the deal. I'm still not ready to go there, but it's so much more believable this afternoon.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Just mind-numbingly pathetic at this point. Great photo though.

And it makes even better, the 'stable genius' can't even spell collusion correctly.     And reports are the crossed out section refers to 'punishing those who did interfere' or something along those lines.

53 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Donald Trump's ego is usually going to control these things, but the Putin meeting came with a tough choice for him: 

1) Trump cannot admit to anything that would tarnish that amazing election-night victory or question the legitimacy of his Presidency.  In that world, Russian interference simply couldn't happen.

2) But he can't look like Vladimir Putin's bitch.  That might rile even the loyalists. 

So what is now disturbingly clear: Donald Trump ignored everyone's advice and went all-in on Option 1, a pathological choice given how easy it would have been for him to scale it back a couple ticks. 

This also suggests he doesn't think he looked like Vladimir Putin's bitch at all. In Donald Trump's mind he would have been big and forceful and awesome, especially in his attacks on the real enemy: the FBI and the press. He didn't see any of this the way the rest of the world saw it, which is why Vladmir Putin is smirking his ass off.

The only other theory is that Vladimir Putin wasn't playing him: he actually owns him. That Trump delivered the message -- public and private -- that had always come with the deal. I'm still not ready to go there, but it's so much more believable this afternoon.

Someone asked HuckaSanders today if anyone made a recording of the private meeting between the two.

She said she wasn't aware of one, but oh boy, would anybody be surprised if Putin made one anyway in secret? Even if we presuppose he had nothing over Trump going into the meeting, which is a hell of a stretch, he immediately gets leverage on him to use moving forward.

Just another reason having a private meeting with a man who wants to destroy America was a terrible idea.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Someone asked HuckaSanders today if anyone made a recording of the private meeting between the two.

She said she wasn't aware of one, but oh boy, would anybody be surprised if Putin made one anyway in secret? Even if we presuppose he had nothing over Trump going into the meeting, which is a hell of a stretch, he immediately gets leverage on him to use moving forward.

Just another reason having a private meeting with a man who wants to destroy America was a terrible idea.

I'm guessing half the world's intelligence agencies have that meeting recorded.

The GOP isn't going to save us from this, and I think too many dumb voters will stop us from doing so. It still seems like a crapshoot on whether the GOP will lose the House which is f#&%ing ridiculous. Mueller really needs concrete video and audio evidence of wrongdoing, so solid that they can't do anything but act against Trump.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good thread on the subject. 

Reading that thread makes it all the more clear - Trump is a collasal failure, a puppet, a Manchurian president.  I cannot see it any other way. There is no other explanations for his continued support of Russia/Putin and dissing of our friends.  Guys and Gals  let me be so bold to say : WE'VE GOT A TRAITOR IN THE WHITE HOUSE.   At this point I need evidence to the contrary to change my mind on the subject.     Circumstantial evidence is just too overwhelming. The sooner Mueller or any one else can present the hard evidence the better off we will be as a country.  But there will be some pain in the extraction of this cancer - especially because we don't know how deep it goes.  Could the VP be compromised - maybe not directly by Putin but by having knowledge that he isn't sharing??   

• Plus1 3