60. Oregon State = 3.00

130. Nebraska = 4.19

142. Utah = 4.50

Runs Per Game:

6. Oregon State = 9.8

160. Nebraska = 4.6

254. Utah = 2.3

This is out of 273 total teams

I think a 2-2 record on this trip would be decent, with hopefully a better showing against Oregon State in game 2.  I think this team is going to have some growing pains this year, but I think there are some good pieces and some good young guys coming up.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 1

I think a 2-2 record on this trip would be decent, with hopefully a better showing against Oregon State in game 2.  I think this team is going to have some growing pains this year, but I think there are some good pieces and some good young guys coming up.

When should we stop expecting "growing pains" during the Erstad tenure though?

Don't get me wrong--I want Erstad to succeed at DoNU...but c'mon, we've been treading water the past few years, and hitting has been routinely suspect ever since Boldt left. But if we end up just rolling over to Oregon State again, how is that progress? 

13 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Don't get me wrong--I want Erstad to succeed at DoNU...but c'mon, we've been treading water the past few years, and hitting has been routinely suspect ever since Boldt left. But if we end up just rolling over to Oregon State again, how is that progress? 

The second game against Oregon State will be a good early season barometer in my opinion, hopefully Luis gets the ball as that will game him a taste of the level of intensity he's going to face as the Friday night guy.  I didn't even bother checking the game yesterday since OSU with Heimlich on the mound is straight filthy.  I agree the offense needs to take a step up.  Schreiber came back for a 'prove it' year and he needs to be the driver offensively.  

14 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I agree, we should be past the growing pains stages but to be fair Oregon State is VERY good this year and Heimlich is one of the best, if not the best pitcher in country.  Would not be surprised if they win the CWS.  

I've also seen some discussion about Erstad not putting a lot of the starters in the lineup for this first game against OSU bc we were going against Heimlich and wanted to rest them for Saturday when there's a little more favorable matchup.