Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

Haven't heard much about Mick's possible injury, but otherwise, not a lot coming out of practice today.

LINK

>> Defensive tackle Mick Stoltenberg was on crutches leaving practice. Defensive lineman Carlos Davis was also not in pads. 

>> There are no updates on Dixon's eligibility for next fall after he transferred from Ole Miss. Chinander said that's not affecting reps yet, but once they find out the verdict, that could change some things.  

>> Chinander said with the fast-paced practice set up, the team is getting about 120 reps per practice.

>> Inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud has four guys in his room who are standing out: Will Honas, Mo Barry, Avery Roberts and Dedrick Young. Those four guys are competing for two inside linebacker spots. He also mentioned Jacob Weinmaster as a guy he'd like to see get playing time.

Not sure I've seen anyone post this note from an article yesterday. It's great to hear that Osborne is has a near daily presence at practice this spring. His presence can only help!

Osborne a regular at workouts: Legendary NU coach Tom Osborne emerged from the balcony above the practice field inside the Hawks Championship Center near the end of Thursday's practice, stopping for a few minutes to chat with the media members gathering in the adjacent lobby. Osborne has been a constant presence during Nebraska's spring workouts, and was at Saturday's junior day.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/red-report-defense-not-the-defense-we-heard-about-blackshirts/article_fca99277-da0f-5b1b-87ac-b49d1a36266a.html

• Plus1 3

I bet they're trying to not make a big to-do about Osborne being there which is why we haven't heard about it much.

It is a pretty neat circumstance though that a) the legendary coach and father figure is able to still be a mentor to Frost and b) TO feels comfortable enough (and the athletic department is comfortable enough) to be involved with each other again. TO's such a competitive guy he probably wishes he were 40 years younger and down there helping with drills. :lol:

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I bet they're trying to not make a big to-do about Osborne being there which is why we haven't heard about it much.

It is a pretty neat circumstance though that a) the legendary coach and father figure is able to still be a mentor to Frost and b) TO feels comfortable enough (and the athletic department is comfortable enough) to be involved with each other again. TO's such a competitive guy he probably wishes he were 40 years younger and down there helping with drills. :lol:

Yeah....I'm sure it's not something that needs to be a huge deal in the press.  In fact, I would have been fine if it hadn't been reported.  I'm sure Frost and TO feel the same way.