Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

If DY starts this season...he will/might go down as the guy you go "Wait, he started for four years?  No...you sure?"

I was thinking about this the other day as well. A possible breakout senior season notwithstanding, has there ever been a less heralded four year starter at Nebraska? Also, it feels like he was a Freshman just yesterday.

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I was thinking about this the other day as well. A possible breakout senior season notwithstanding, has there ever been a less heralded four year starter at Nebraska? Also, it feels like he was a Freshman just yesterday.

Wasn't Tyrone Williams a 4 year starter in the secondary?  Wasn't he sort of avg/good or am I thinking of someone else?

I really think that DY might be the most amazingly average 4 year starter ever.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wasn't Tyrone Williams a 4 year starter in the secondary?  Wasn't he sort of avg/good or am I thinking of someone else?

I really think that DY might be the most amazingly average 4 year starter ever.

Williams was 1st Team All Conference twice.  He was a little better than avg/good.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Young has top shelf athletic ability that has been bungled by crappy systems/schemes for three years.

He'll have a breakout year this year.

• Plus1 1

On 4/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, Mavric said:

Young has top shelf athletic ability that has been bungled by crappy systems/schemes for three years.

He'll have a breakout year this year.

Or he will get replaced by someone who will.

Whoever is on the field will look much better than what was on the field last year and that could easily be the exact same guys.

Excited about that. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Or he will get replaced by someone who will.

Whoever is on the field will look much better than what was on the field last year and that could easily be the exact same guys.

Excited about that. 

If all goes well, Young will be the 4th MLB in the rotation this year. 

13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Ruud said he wants to play 6; I think that means we're going to run a 3-8

I will only be ok if they give it a cool name like how Bo called his hybrid defense the Peso....

lets see... What can we call a defense that is heavy in the middle... 

Spoiler

I have one but it is probably more for the Woodshed

• Plus1 2