Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

"He's [Chinander] great at giving us all the looks. Great," Austin said after that practice on April 7. "I talk to him about it every day. Those guys, I love them to death. But sometimes it's, 'Oh, you got us.' I'm in the meeting room and (say), 'OK, you ran a better defense than our play.' Or situationally, if you're in a third down-and-15, and they're in a zero blitz, to practice that, it's awesome."

Zero blitz! Anyone remember Diaco sending 7 rushers?

Mo Barry says that Gebbia is the hardest QB to defend; he also likes Greg Bell and Mike Williams on O. 

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

My money is on him not getting in shape on his own over the summer.

He's #3 on my list of players to transfer out.  

Which would be a Got Damn shame; the kid has a lot of talent to tap into. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Ruud said that Avery Roberts is not in good shape.  So unless he was injured and couldn't get into shape, this is pretty inexcusable on his part.

Absolutely makes no sense when he sees the rest of his team working their asses off over winter and getting big gains and buying into the staff.  He either knew he was leaving a long time ago or really isn't a very competitive guy that wants to do what it takes to succeed.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Absolutely makes no sense when he sees the rest of his team working their asses off over winter and getting big gains and buying into the staff.  He either knew he was leaving a long time ago or really isn't a very competitive guy that wants to do what it takes to succeed.

There could be a lot going into this.  Iirc, it took a lot for Bray to get him to commit because he was leaning closer to home.  It could be that could be driving him to not put in 100% effort.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

There could be a lot going into this.  Iirc, it took a lot for Bray to get him to commit because he was leaning closer to home.  It could be that could be driving him to not put in 100% effort.

That's possible.  But, that basically highlights being immature as a kid.

The logical thought would be....Hey, I really want to be closer to home. But, if I'm going to be here, I better make it worth while and work my ass off.

Which.....points out one of my options.  He had already decided he didn't want to be here and will transfer.