Frost & Assistant Coaches - Interview Thread

TGHusker

There have been and will continue to be interviews of the coaches that don't fit just one category. So I thought I'd start this generic thread for that purpose.

Shatel interviews Frost and touches on Husker fans & our patience as he rebuilds,  freshmen starters, and physicality:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/shatel-scott-frost-sheds-light-on-patience-physicality-hard-work/article_2d489d8a-32a4-5cfb-a208-8fbfcc412186.html

Quoted in part:

>> On getting the patience from the state for what won't be a quick turnaround:

"That’s honestly one of the reasons why our coaching staff decided this was the best opportunity. We knew that we would have unanimous support here with the state of the football program as it was, with our familiarity with the state, this is one of the few places where they would be patient with us and let us build it the right way.

"Building it here is not going to be as simple as going out and recruiting 15 five-star players and putting them on the field as freshmen and watching them play. It’s going to be through culture, through hard work and development. There’s a reason that Nebraska sustained success for all those years between Devaney and Osborne.

"The factory was built, the right kids were brought in and they were developed the right way, gave them the right food, the right nutrition, the right support, and showed them the way. And every year, there were three or four or six kids who were in the program for four or five years (who) emerged and helped us in. That’s the right way to build it. That’s why it’s going to take us a while to put it in place."

>> On whether he would play a true freshman at quarterback next season:

"Absolutely. I will play the best guy and that’s at any position. We’re going to give everybody reps and the competition will be open to everyone. I don’t care if the guy’s a fifth-year senior or a true freshman. If they’re the best player, they’re going to play."

>> On the marriage of tough and physical line play and an offense that moves so darned fast:

"No question you can be fast and physical. The teams that run a two-back set or a power set don’t have the market cornered on being tough and physical.

• Plus1 2