Unpopular Opinion

On 3/9/2018 at 11:01 PM, Big Red 40 said:

Grew up watching Carson and Letterman good stuff . Leno wasn’t funny Conan either imo  . I work weird hours so I watch quite a bit of late night tv depending on my shift . I like Colbert ,Seth Myers , Corbin , and I used to like Craig Ferguson (acquired taste for sure)  . Kinmel  is ok , Fallon is to wimpy for my taste,  and Carson Daly is as blah as it gets sheesh . I could see how right wingers and Trump  supporters would hate a lot of my faves because  they’re making a killing off the buffoonery of Trump and  this administration. They don’t even have to make things up it’s easy money . Hillarious too imo . 

You see the reason why you like watching these shows is the reason that I have turned them off.  I haven't watched any of the late night stuff with any regularity for years,  because I don't want to listen to the overtly political slant most of them have on stuff.  I tune into those shows to get away from the constant political banter not to get more of it.  

Carson was the best for 30 years because the show was pretty much apolitical.  He wasn't letting his political views come to the surface.  He didn't feel like he had to go that direction.  Letterman was great for 25 years because he stayed away from the politics for the most part.  Over his last few years he became way more political and it just turned me off.  Colbert is terrible, because that is all he does, Kimmel is almost as bad.  

Like you I liked Craig Ferguson, but again he stayed away from the politics.  The best talk show, and the only one I ever watch is the Graham Norton show on BBC America, they never talk politics, basically it isn't allowed.  

Edited by NUinID
  • Plus1 2

1 hour ago, NUinID said:

The best talk show, and the only one I ever watch is the Graham Norton show on BBC America, they never talk politics, basically it isn't allowed.  

Graham Norton's show is good. The guests seem much more open and comfortable, and they're on stage for longer which is better than the short segments that the American late night shows use.

Edited by RedDenver
  • Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Graham Norton's show is good. The guests seem much more open and comfortable, and they're on stage for longer which is better than the short segments that the American late night shows use.

I know, I really like that type of format for a "Chat Show" as they call it. All the guests come out at the same time and they just sit around and talk about stupid things.  The fact that most of the guests are drinking on the show make them a little more open about things.   I have heard several American guest say that it is the most fun they have had on a talk show.  

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

- Mad Max: Fury Road is overrated. Good flick, but not mind blowing as may think it is. 

- Batman: Begins is the best Nolan Batman movie. 

I agree with you on Fury Road, liked it, it wasn't nearly as good as some thought it was.  

I still think The Dark Night Rises is the best of the three, but Batman Begins is a good flick.  

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

And the only way to eat a cheeseburger is with an over easy egg on it!

Interesting phrasing, what is it about a cheeseburger without an egg that makes it inedible? I can understand if you prefer your burger that way, I'm just confused by the idea of rejecting all other cheeseburgers.

• Plus1 1