Unpopular Opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Matching accessories should be mandatory...for ladies:

---Black leather coat, black leather purse, black leather boots, black leather gloves.

------Same rule for brown, red, et al

---Knit hat, knit gloves, knit scarf

---Never ever mix gold and silver jewelry, it looks tacky af

Fashion rules...for guys:

---A black belt needs black shoes with complimentary color socks: charcoal, gray, black.

---No popped collars ever.

---Hats...curve the bill

On 5/26/2018 at 6:04 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

Matching accessories should be mandatory...for ladies:

---Black leather coat, black leather purse, black leather boots, black leather gloves.

------Same rule for brown, red, et al

---Knit hat, knit gloves, knit scarf

---Never ever mix gold and silver jewelry, it looks tacky af

Fashion rules...for guys:

---A black belt needs black shoes with complimentary color socks: charcoal, gray, black.

---No popped collars ever.

---Hats...curve the bill

Disagree 100% with the sock thing.  A pop of color is a nice way to break up the outfit.

Only exception to the popped collar rule is on the golf course IMO.  I've got fairly pale skin and I pop my color all the time as a way to combat sunburn.  I'm willing to trade some ridicule for a reduced risk of skin cancer haha.

No issue with the curved bill though I prefer a more subtle one like you see most baseball players do with their bills.

19 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Disagree 100% with the sock thing.  A pop of color is a nice way to break up the outfit.

Only exception to the popped collar rule is on the golf course IMO.  I've got fairly pale skin and I pop my color all the time as a way to combat sunburn.  I'm willing to trade some ridicule for a reduced risk of skin cancer haha.

No issue with the curved bill though I prefer a more subtle one like you see most baseball players do with their bills.

As someone who is as white as sour cream, I can sympathize with you regarding the protecting yourself from the Sun.  However, you could use sun screen or wear a hat that has extended back to protect the sides of your face and the back of your neck.  

:P

I don't like watermelon. Every fourth of July everyone in my family raved about how "good" it was, but  i never got it. I would be over cranking the home made ice cream maker til my arm fell off lol . That was tasty stuff.

Don't like cantaloupe or other melons either. Sour, rotten smell really puts me off. Ex wife used to leave them on the counter, and stink up the house , She said when they were really ripe smelling,  they were ready to eat,. I would say more like ready for the trash. lol

On 5/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, NUance said:

For a long time I thought The Cars first two albumsThe Cars and Candy-Owere the best two albums evar.  I don't care for any Cars music after Candy-O.  

Did the Cars even make more albums than those two? I'm serious. I loved those those first two, the first even more than the 2nd, but I'd be hard pressed to name anything they did after that. Cheap Trick is another. Loved their first album In Color and Live at Budokan but other than those......

• Plus1 1

Most of the Cars best songs were on the first one . Candy o had a couple decent ones and so did Shake it up . Heartbeat City had a few listenable songs though more heavily synthesized than the rest . 

Cheap trick is just a meh to me . First one was the best but massively overplayed to me . 

I liked a lot of The Cars’ later hits, even though the albums declined in quality, they still had some moments. But their first album can really stand in as a greatest hits record. One of the best albums of the 80s.

I saw Cheap Trick in concert and was very underwhelmed. No stage presence. Poor showmanship. They had two huge and important radio hits in their day, but as an overall rock band they fail to deliver.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Did the Cars even make more albums than those two? I'm serious. I loved those those first two, the first even more than the 2nd, but I'd be hard pressed to name anything they did after that. Cheap Trick is another. Loved their first album In Color and Live at Budokan but other than those......

I knew they released a handful more.  Wiki tells me three more albums, and a greatest hits album.  None could hold a candle to their first two albums.  They're just like Van Halen in that respect.  Two awesome albums, and then a bunch of overrated, commercialized garbage from then on out.