Unpopular Opinion

28 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I do know one thing for sure the NHL and NBA playoffs are wayyyyyyyyyy to long.  Oh, and the NHL is a nitch sport.  

I think the NHL, NBA, and MLB should just do away with the regular season and just have a playoff right from the start. College basketball too.

36 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I do know one thing for sure the NHL and NBA playoffs are wayyyyyyyyyy to long.  Oh, and the NHL is a nitch sport.  

I won't argue that it's a niche sport, but its playoffs are far, far better than what the NFL, NBA and MLB put out. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

NFL regular season game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NHL & MLB & NBA season games combined

College football regular season game  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL regular season game. 

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I won't argue that it's a niche sport, but its playoffs are far, far better than what the NFL, NBA and MLB put out. 

College football regular season game  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL regular season game. 

This I would agree with I would rather watch 2 MAC teams play a game than any NFL game.  I will casually watch the Sunday night game on NBC during the NFL season and that is because there is really not anything else I want to watch.  That is the extent of my NFL watching.  

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think the NHL, NBA, and MLB should just do away with the regular season and just have a playoff right from the start. College basketball too.

MLB season goes on way too long.  They should not be finishing the World Series the first week in November.  I remember reading an opinion piece about this sometime ago.  The piece said that if each MLB team played like 7-8 double headers throughout the season they could cut like a month off of the season.  I think they should just cut the season back 10 games, same goes for NBA 84 games is not necessary. 

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, NUinID said:

MLB season goes on way too long.  They should not be finishing the World Series the first week in November.  I remember reading an opinion piece about this sometime ago.  The piece said that if each MLB team played like 7-8 double headers throughout the season they could cut like a month off of the season.  I think they should just cut the season back 10 games, same goes for NBA 84 games is not necessary. 

I don't mind the number of games in MLB, but the double header idea is a great one; that would push the WS up to the middle of October, where it should be. 

And the NBA should never start before Christmas; cut 10 games out, or condense the schedule, particularly in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My wife and I never buy things for each other.  If we want something, we just go out and get it ourselves.

The only thing I ever buy for my wife are shoes, usually tennis shoes and flip flops.  She refuses to spend any money on shoes so the only decent shoes she has are ones I buy her.  I quit buying my wife cloths a long time ago, because she never likes anything I buy her.  

10 minutes ago, NUinID said:

The only thing I ever buy for my wife are shoes, usually tennis shoes and flip flops.  She refuses to spend any money on shoes so the only decent shoes she has are ones I buy her.  I quit buying my wife cloths a long time ago, because she never likes anything I buy her.  

I don't even try buying my wife clothes, and she is the same way for me.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't even try buying my wife clothes, and she is the same way for me.

I"m fine buying my wife clothes for birthday, Christmas...etc.  Actually shoes is one thing I won't even try.

But, I really actually don't like people buying my clothes for me.  I know what I want and I will go get them.  I have never understood the husband that uses their wife like a mom.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I"m fine buying my wife clothes for birthday, Christmas...etc.  Actually shoes is one thing I won't even try.

But, I really actually don't like people buying my clothes for me.  I know what I want and I will go get them.  I have never understood the husband that uses their wife like a mom.

Oh yeah, I agree.  It's especially creepy when the wife makes/forces the guy into what clothes to wear, and the guy allows it.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My wife and I never buy things for each other.  If we want something, we just go out and get it ourselves.

That's how we are, and I think my family thinks it's weird. "What did you get each other for Christmas?" "Nothing."  "What did he get you for Valentine's Day?" "Nothing. I didn't get him anything either." *shrug*

Sometimes I buy him underwear.