Unpopular Opinion

The first couple Christmases together, my girlfriend and I bought a ton of crap for each other. I even bought her some clothes and shoes, but only because I took pics of everything she liked at the stores :lol:

Now we usually just do stocking stuffers and then buy a bigger gift for ourselves together

On 5/29/2018 at 2:35 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh yeah, I agree.  It's especially creepy when the wife makes/forces the guy into what clothes to wear, and the guy allows it.

It's not creepy at all.  Women just have (usually) much better fashion sense and we don't want our signifigant other to look like Stevie Wonder dressed him.  Because most guys, if left on their own, think jeans, tennis shoes, and a t-shirt are acceptable for date night--they are not.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It's not creepy at all.  Women just have (usually) much better fashion sense and we don't want our signifigant other to look like Stevie Wonder dressed him.  Because most guys, if left on their own, think jeans, tennis shoes, and a t-shirt are acceptable for date night--they are not.

I have to add that all polo shirts should be burned. Except Abercrombie and Fitch because they're more form fitting.

And why do they make guy's shirts with sleeves going down so low?

2323b3730f350c759b0e3ae11fe2922f.jpg

HTB1YBoLHpXXXXbmXXXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg

Who decided men's body shapes are to be hidden? Hmph.

2017-summer-male-female-couple-cheap-loo

Even this guy who's very skinny might as well just wear a plastic bag, yet hers is molded to her.

classic-navy-1-1000x1108.JPG

much better. Nothing scandalous but if I'm seeing women walking around with clothes accentuating their boobs, I should also get to see men walking around showing off their biceps and pecs. Fair's fair.

21 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I have to add that all polo shirts should be burned. Except Abercrombie and Fitch because they're more form fitting.

Even this guy who's very skinny might as well just wear a plastic bag, yet hers is molded to her.

much better. Nothing scandalous but if I'm seeing women walking around with clothes accentuating their boobs, I should also get to see men walking around showing off their biceps and pecs. Fair's fair.

Most golf shirts/polos are more form fitting now and athletic cut now.  The men just need to know where to get them.

Also, I recommend that men try on all clothes before buying them. That’s why I have a hard time buying clothes online.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Only problem is most dudes have moobs , beer bellies, and various lumpiness that should never be showcased by form fitting clothes, or worse hanging out the bottom of a polo.  A trash bag , or maybe fat guy Hawaiian shirt is the proper attire . Lol

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Only problem is most dudes have moobs , beer bellies, and various lumpiness that should never be showcased by form fitting clothes, or worse hanging out the bottom of a polo.  A trash bag , or maybe fat guy Hawaiian shirt is the proper attire . Lol

Yes I agree with that. But that's why I posted the photo of skinny guys. Because they often wear clothes that fit like a trash bag too.

• Plus1 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 7:17 AM, teachercd said:

I like the Pumpkins but they do not put on a great live show...or at least the one I saw was lame.  They didn't play their big hits, lots of "B-sides" and lots of long ass instrumentals.  

I went to see the Pumpkins last night, and I remembered this conversation. 

They must have improved their stage presence because I thought they put on a pretty solid show. Billy's voice sounded great, Jimmy Chamberlain was a machine on the drums, James Iha and Jeff Schroeder were great, had a good mix of old and new stuff, cool theatrics and visuals. They played for about 3 hours which was impressive, but it dragged on a bit. Not every song needs 3 minutes of reverb at the end. I knew Billy loved himself, but man, everything was truly all about him. It got a little tired. But overall, solid show. B+

1 hour ago, Fru said:

They must have improved their stage presence because I thought they put on a pretty solid show. Billy's voice sounded great, Jimmy Chamberlain was a machine on the drums, James Iha and Jeff Schroeder were great, had a good mix of old and new stuff, cool theatrics and visuals. They played for about 3 hours which was impressive, but it dragged on a bit. Not every song needs 3 minutes of reverb at the end. I knew Billy loved himself, but man, everything was truly all about him. It got a little tired. But overall, solid show. B+

Billy Corgan is a self important wanker, like so many R&R frontmen.  Micheal Stipe, Eddie Vedder, Bono, Tom Yorke, Morrissey all fall into that category.  There just so deep and serious.  ;)

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Billy Corgan is a self important wanker, like so many R&R frontmen.  Micheal Stipe, Eddie Vedder, Bono, Tom Yorke, Morrissey all fall into that category.  There just so deep and serious.  ;)

As insufferable as some front men can be, I think that you kind of have to have that ego/attitude/mindset sometimes in order to push your band to the next level. 

I've seen several of those names that you listed, and none of them were on Corgan's level. 

1 hour ago, Fru said:

Oh man...I remember the songs dragging on and on!

I would have went last night had I known about it...I swear they didn't promote it until like 4 days ago.