Unpopular Opinion

On 2/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, knapplc said:

I think people who hate Sam Keller because he sued the gaming industry are selfish, childish gits. 

Sam Keller was right.  The gaming industry was wrong.  If the players can't be paid, the gaming industry shouldn't profit off their likenesses.

I think this is the worst post in this thread

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think this is the worst post in this thread

You spend five years of your life, sweat blood & tears working your absolute ass off for something, your whole existence, early mornings, pain, regulated diet, beholden to basically an overlord for little more than room, board, an education and some workout clothes, then get barely a pittance for your labor while I make literally millions of dollars off what you did, and tell me that you're OK with that.

And I'll give you a mirror and show you a liar.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You spend five years of your life, sweat blood & tears working your absolute ass off for something, your whole existence, early mornings, pain, regulated diet, beholden to basically an overlord for little more than room, board, an education and some workout clothes, then get barely a pittance for your labor while I make literally millions of dollars off what you did, and tell me that you're OK with that.

And I'll give you a mirror and show you a liar.

All college athletes know the drill going in.  Just my unpopular opinion.

knapp's post is the one I wish I had thought of. It's the perfect unpopular opinion for our forum, and it's so very spot on. There was this (journalist, I think?) who I agreed with on a lot -- very anti-Trump, quite liberal views, etc, etc. He cracked once that if Trump could deliver us our NCAA games back again he'd change his tune. What messed up priorities! And the thing is,  to be serious for a moment, this is exactly the kind of thing he would do, and it would actually earn him a great deal of enthusiastic applause.

Sam Keller is not one of my favorite Husker QBs to have ever watched, to say the least. The lawsuit to which he gave his name righted a wrong. And the s#!t he gets for that is wrong.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

knapp's post is the one I wish I had thought of. It's the perfect unpopular opinion for our forum, and it's so very spot on. There was this (journalist, I think?) who I agreed with on a lot -- very anti-Trump, quite liberal views, etc, etc. He cracked once that if Trump could deliver us our NCAA games back again he'd change his tune. What messed up priorities! And the thing is,  to be serious for a moment, this is exactly the kind of thing he would do, and it would actually earn him a great deal of enthusiastic applause.

Sam Keller is not one of my favorite Husker QBs to have ever watched, to say the least. The lawsuit to which he gave his name righted a wrong. And the s#!t he gets for that is wrong.

Word.

It's a hill I'll die on. Those who fault Keller have no legal or moral basis on which to stand. It's pure selfishness - with an admixture of stupidity because he's tied to Callahan and losing Husker football games. 

• Plus1 5

I agree with the Keller stuff. The lawsuit was on the right side of this, and not only that, but Keller was essentially just a name attached - a lawfirm came up with the idea, reached out to several players trying to find someone who would be the face of it, and he agreed because he'd make some money from it. He had little to nothing to do with it, and it was the right thing.

I'll even go one further. Keller is unfairly demonized as a player here. He was a damn good quarterback for us before he got hurt. Not the best ever, but was on pace to break most all of Taylor's records, always did/said the right things in his time here, and he could hardly control what happened with Cosgrove's defenses and the erosion of confidence in that staff. 

• Plus1 2

There should be no English or Spanish button to push on anything! I yell at the ATM every time i drive through. English dammit, always English!

Conan O'brien is painfully unfunny.

Mayor Jean Stothert  is pretty hot.

Wiping back to front is preferable.

Ketchup on my hot dog, beans in my chili, and i enjoy spam every once in a while.Screw the food snobs!  Bell peppers, Tofu, grapefruit, and watermelon are nasty.

Stephen King’s books are waaaaaay too long I much prefer the movie version . 

Walking Dead, and Stranger Things suck.

Men should be allowed to wear makeup without shame.

Lady GaGa's music is garbage.

Did i do this right??:blink:

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Men should be allowed to wear makeup without shame.

Don't care about the roasting we may receive but I 100% agree with this. I used to wear makeup when I worked in TV and thought on more than one occasion that I looked better with makeup on (because, honestly, most people do). What I had to put on every day was also very minimal and took virtually no time.

That said, my fiancée would have me pick stuff up at Sephora, so everything was $$$. I don't miss that part.

• Plus1 1

Keller was lame for doing it but I would have done the same exact thing, CASH ME GAMERS!

I think Firemen (persons) are way overpaid, like to the point where I have a hard time believing that they get paid what they do.  With that said, they should take every single penny that they can get. If some morons will pay you...take it.   I am very complex.