OWH 6 part series on Scott Frost

On 2/28/2018 at 2:29 PM, Moiraine said:

I've been a member of sites that make it a little difficult but I've never not been able to find it. All this does it makes me certain I'll never subscribe again.

Another great example of an out of touch organization in a dying industry. You are only going to drive away more eyes by hiding clickbait behind a paywall.  Especially if you make it difficult to cancel.

• Plus1 1

Done with the article now.

It was fun to read about it again, but I don't feel illuminated. They rehashed a lot of things but left out stuff I feel like they could have found out. One thing I remember is Moos said his wife was a tough interviewer. They barely mentioned her except to say she brought snacks up to the room. An example of an extra, fun detail would've been to find out what Moos meant by that comment. I felt like I knew all of it already except for a few of the quotes from Osborne's phone call from Frost when he made the final decision.

Also... I don't like dissing artists... some of it was good, but I feel like the sad Frost face cartoon is gonna be used to make fun of us every time we lose, heh.

Edited by Moiraine
5 hours ago, somthiNoriginal said:

It's free our you can read the entire article in the 10 sec before the wall pops up

There wall isn't very effective since I just read all of the articles without getting the wall popup. With the new Frost/Moos regime I want to subscribe but because of the OWH's unsubscribing shenanigans I'll check to see if the Lincoln paper has an online subscription.

As some others have said, if you followed things closely on here, almost nothing in those stories will be new to you. It's really just assembling what we already knew into a single narrative.

Edited by Toe
  • Plus1 1

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

Dirk Chatelain doesn't live in Omaha.  In fact, I think he lives in a town not a lot bigger than Pender, more than 30 miles from Omaha.

I believe Dirk now lives in Gretna, which is basically part of Omaha now. He did grow up in Rising City or another smaller town in Nebraska. 

13 hours ago, Toe said:

As some others have said, if you followed things closely on here, almost nothing in those stories will be new to you. It's really just assembling what we already knew into a single narrative.

Yes, but how many Nebraska fans are message board nerds like most of us on here. It was a good series to give details to the average fan, and try to pump some life blood into their subscription service. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, but how many Nebraska fans are message board nerds like most of us on here.

Yes, but how many of those Nebraska fans who aren't message board nerds are on this site, where I wrote the message?  :dunno

• Plus1 1