2018-2019 Schedule

13 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Nebraska is playing the in the "Hall of Fame Classic" in Kansas City right around Thanksgiving time.

Does anyone know who plays in it? It's supposedly 4 games there.

Last year it was Wisconsin, Baylor, Creighton, UCLA... Not sure how that makes 4 games though.

I think it's 4 total games, 2 per team.  Win the 1st you're in the championship, otherwise you're playing for 3rd.

Edit: Actually it looks like some games prior to that weekend count towards the classic... more at the link:

Hall of Fame Classic 2017

Wiki

There are twelve teams invited, each representing a different athletic conference. The initial two rounds are played at regional sites on two different days hosted by participating team. The regional hosts automatically advance championship round in Kansas City, Missouri, with the games played at the Sprint Center. The championship round takes place one week after the initial round. Teams not hosting advance to sub regional rounds where they will play three games.

I can't find anything on teams playing in it for 2018, but I assume if Nebraska is in it they'll host games the first weekend and then be in KC for the second weekend.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think it's 4 total games, 2 per team.  Win the 1st you're in the championship, otherwise you're playing for 3rd.

Edit: Actually it looks like some games prior to that weekend count towards the classic... more at the link:

Wiki

I can't find anything on teams playing in it for 2018, but I assume if Nebraska is in it they'll host games the first weekend and then be in KC for the second weekend.

This is all I could find:

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/rothstein-usc-and-nebraska-to-headline-2018-cbe-classic/

The USC Trojans, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Texas Tech Red Raiders and Missouri State Bears will be headlining the 2018 CBE Classic in Kansas City, multiple sources have informed FanRag Sports. However, despite the fact that the aforementioned quartet of programs has been tabbed to participate in 2018, both the official dates and matchups surrounding the annual event have yet to be determined.

This year’s slate will feature a doubleheader that pits the Baylor Bears against the Wisconsin Badgers alongside the UCLA Bruins versus the Creighton Bluejays — both of which will take place on November 20. It is also worth noting that the winners and losers of each matchup will then play each other the very next day.

Huskers will head down I-29 in ‘18

Looks like the Husker men’s basketball squad is already lining up tournaments to play in for the 2018-19 season.

Nothing is official yet but according to Jon Rothstein of Fan Rag Sports, Nebraska will head to Kansas City in 2018 to play in the CBE Classic. They will be joining USC, Missouri State, and Texas Tech in the tournament.

Edited by GSG
  • Plus1 1
2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Wiki

247 sports VIP room said 4 games at the CBE Classic in KC......Idk.

They said our schedule is pretty set already.

20 B1G Games

4 at CBE Classic

1 Gavitt Games (Big East opponent)

1 B1G/ACC Challenge

1 Creighton

4 left to schedule

Edited by ScottyIce

18 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

247 sports VIP room said 4 games at the CBE Classic in KC......Idk.

They said our schedule is pretty set already.

20 B1G Games

4 at CBE Classic

1 Gavitt Games (Big East opponent)

1 B1G/ACC Challenge

1 Creighton

4 left to schedule

So for non-conference we're looking at:

4 at CBE Classic:

2 middle of the road or bad mid-majors at home during 1st weekend (last year Central Arkansas, Alcorn State, Yale, SC State were in it)

2 out of the 3 (USC, Texas Tech, or Missouri State) in Kansas City

1 Gavitt Games (probably someone like Georgetown or Marquette)

1 BIG/ACC Challenge (probably someone like Louisville or Notre Dame)

1 Creighton

That's 2 bad teams, 2-3 decent teams, and 2-3 good teams (potentially)

I look for them to add at least 1 more quality opponent and a few teams that will hopefully be in the 150-250 RPI range, not 300-350.