Farmer to Center?

Stumpy1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Who would have thought that putting our best athletes who grasp the scheme out as our starting 5 might work out?

I watched Wisconsins offensive line factory skit on youtube and cringed when comparing it to Cav's body of work. How that guy still has a job is laughable.

If Decker is healthy we are likely going to trot out the same line Cav did? Just trade Gates for Farniok.

Edit: I'm not a supporter of Cav by any means. But if we have Decker available we'll likely see the exact same line-up (minus Farniok/Gates. 

Decker must not be healing well. I wonder if he's still going through some mental/personal stuff, too?

I hope Wilson will step up; he's got a load of potential, but there were reports he was down with the 3rd stringers for a large portion of Spring. 

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

If Decker is healthy we are likely going to trot out the same line Cav did? Just trade Gates for Farniok.

Edit: I'm not a supporter of Cav by any means. But if we have Decker available we'll likely see the exact same line-up (minus Farniok/Gates. 

I'm referring to moves like having our 6'9" RT move to guard. It's a combination of trotting out the right fellas AND the right positions for the right guys. Greg Austin I thought was one of the largest upgrades from the previous staff.

3 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

I'm referring to moves like having our 6'9" RT move to guard. It's a combination of trotting out the right fellas AND the right positions for the right guys. Greg Austin I thought was one of the largest upgrades from the previous staff.

I agree he is a huge upgrade. But other than Jameis moving to Gates spot we'll like see the same guys in the same positions. 

12 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Greg Austin I thought was one of the largest upgrades from the previous staff.

I mean, it would be hard for him NOT to be...

• Plus1 1

On 4/27/2018 at 5:53 PM, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Who would have thought that putting our best athletes who grasp the scheme out as our starting 5 might work.

How do you know this didn’t happen under cav?

No fan of Cav’s but I see no indication that he wasn’t playing the best 5 that know the system. 

The system sucked and he sucked coaching it. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How do you know this didn’t happen under cav?

No fan of Cav’s but I see no indication that he wasn’t playing the best 5 that know the system. 

The system sucked and he sucked coaching it. 

Cav didn't have Decker starting at center at the beginning of last season.  Whether that is Cav's poor evaluation or Cav's poor system, it was still a crappy decision, and he wasn't starting his 5 best linemen.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Cav didn't have Decker starting at center at the beginning of last season.  Whether that is Cav's poor evaluation or Cav's poor system, it was still a crappy decision, and he wasn't starting his 5 best linemen.

How do you know that at the beginning of the year he wasn’t the one that knew the system the best?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How do you know that at the beginning of the year he wasn’t the one that knew the system the best?

The issue was he never developed any depth. It sounded like he had his starting 5 taking all (or vast majority of) the practice reps throughout the season. So when a starter got hurt, we either found out there was someone better behind the him that never got a chance to prove he was better or there was a significant dropoff because the backup had limited practice time to develop.

1 hour ago, jsneb83 said:

The issue was he never developed any depth. It sounded like he had his starting 5 taking all (or vast majority of) the practice reps throughout the season. So when a starter got hurt, we either found out there was someone better behind the him that never got a chance to prove he was better or there was a significant dropoff because the backup had limited practice time to develop.

That’s a valid point that I’m not disputing. 

• Mavric changed the title to Farmer to Center?