Farmer to Center?

Stumpy1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How do you know that at the beginning of the year he wasn’t the one that knew the system the best?

Knowing the system and being a better player are two different things. Once Decker became Center, the whole line played better, as he was making the calls and adjustments at the LOS. I would say he “knew the system” quite well.

49 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Knowing the system and being a better player are two different things. Once Decker became Center, the whole line played better, as he was making the calls and adjustments at the LOS. I would say he “knew the system” quite well.

Was he playing like that at the beginning of the year?  Or did he get better in practice?

thus all started with a comment about playing the best athlete that knows the system. 

Nobody on this his board knows what players knew the system well enough the first game of the year. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Was he playing like that at the beginning of the year?  Or did he get better in practice?

thus all started with a comment about playing the best athlete that knows the system. 

Nobody on this his board knows what players knew the system well enough the first game of the year. 

Decker was known as the smartest lineman on the team last year. If anyone is going to get “the system” it’s him. 

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Decker was known as the smartest lineman on the team last year. If anyone is going to get “the system” it’s him. 

You're a fan....assuming that.

You weren't in meetings, watching film, coaching in practice.  Did he work as hard as the starter game one in fall camp? In the off season????

All I'm saying is, I'm glad we have the new coaching staff.  But, there's a lot of assumptions that get flung around without a real basis to base it on.

On April 29, 2018 at 8:48 PM, BigRedBuster said:

All I'm saying is, I'm glad we have the new coaching staff.  But, there's a lot of assumptions that get flung around without a real basis to base it on.

You're absolutely correct. However, when a fan sees such a dramatic shift in results as Decker showed, it's very hard to understand. When it's something little, it's easier to give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches. What Decker was to that line was transformative, and during a tough part of the schedule.

• Plus1 1
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, brophog said:

You're absolutely correct. However, when a fan sees such a dramatic shift in results as Decker showed, it's very hard to understand. When it's something little, it's easier to give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches. What Decker was to that line was transformative, and during a tough part of the schedule.

Yes, it made a real difference when Decker was in there.  Really hope he makes it back. We can manage a decent starting line-up with Farmer moved-over and Wilson promoted but damn we'll be thin, and the season won't have even started yet. 

6 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Yes, it made a real difference when Decker was in there.  Really hope he makes it back. We can manage a decent starting line-up with Farmer moved-over and Wilson promoted but damn we'll be thin, and the season won't have even started yet. 

I'd absolutely love to have him back, but what I'd like even more would be to have an offensive line that doesn't look completely lost without one guy. I'm not sure we have a center that really replaces the job Decker did, but hopefully the group as a whole makes up for that.

I thought the defensive coaches did a great job showing the offensive line different fronts and alignments without trying to trick them or send more guys than they could handle.  Anybody that would be a candidate at center can put that tape in and see where an adjustment needs to be made for a variety of calls.

It's a great teaching tape, all around, IMO. 

If I'm Farmer this is a win win for me in terms of the next level.  If Farmer puts some great tape at Center than his NFL stock skyrockets as it shows he can capably play 3 positions.  If it doesn't go too well, he's not going to get knocked for being a team player and volunteering to take on the toughest position on the OL going into his Sr. year.  While I certainly hope that Decker can make it back as I think he was on the verge of some really great things, I'm strangely optimistic about Farmer at C even though I have no grounds for it.  I've always liked Farmer due to his wrestling background and him transitioning to C should allow him to play at his optimal weight where he can maximize his leverage.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

If I'm Farmer this is a win win for me in terms of the next level.  If Farmer puts some great tape at Center than his NFL stock skyrockets as it shows he can capably play 3 positions.  If it doesn't go too well, he's not going to get knocked for being a team player and volunteering to take on the toughest position on the OL going into his Sr. year.  While I certainly hope that Decker can make it back as I think he was on the verge of some really great things, I'm strangely optimistic about Farmer at C even though I have no grounds for it.  I've always liked Farmer due to his wrestling background and him transitioning to C should allow him to play at his optimal weight where he can maximize his leverage.

When did Farmer capably play Tackle?

On 5/3/2018 at 7:07 AM, ScottyIce said:

Gotcha. Now I will bring up my ***hole position on it.

When did he show he could capably play guard?

I think he still has to show that.

Not gonna lie, I've been a big Farmer fan since he was in high school.  But I've struggled to find a lot of plays that really validated that.

That being said, I'm not really going to hold much of what happened the last three years against guys because of the cluster**** of an "offense" that we were running.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Not gonna lie, I've been a big Farmer fan since he was in high school.  But I've struggled to find a lot of plays that really validated that.

That being said, I'm not really going to hold much of what happened the last three years against guys because of the cluster**** of an "offense" that we were running.

Agreed. Being coached by an Ewok for three years should give our offensive line a pass. 

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to Farmer to Center?