2018 NFL Combine

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Gates refused to work hard and left the moment he realized the new staff wouldn’t tolerate it. Good riddance. Kids like that are a cancer in the locker room.

1.  You have zero proff of this

2.  He had idiots, I repeat, idiots coaching him

3.  As a natual talent linemen in his first year, he was better before they changed to an awful offense and tried to isolate him.  This wasted his natural ability.

4. He was isolated many times on the best rusher on defense, and was repeated left on island.  Had help backs continually miss assignments on his help side.  

5.  Lee incorrectly assesed defense blitzs and rush formations that pulled the left guard off and made him have to choose which man to block.

All of your statement is conjecture, with no proff, valid arguements or points.  Maybe he didn’t want to play for one more year in a completely different offense, 3 in 4 years basically.  Possibly he wanted to go try to make some serious cash, when his chance might be the best to do so.   Your goal is to be some cool guy while bashing a kid who started almost every freaking game he was on campus for.  Ya screw that guy who might want to try to make a living at this glorious game.  Scott Frost would love you and fans like you, he probably would invite you in for advice.  I for one couldn’t think of a person on this board that would be prefect for mental and physical evaluation of college football players then you.  Sometimes I swear people like you don’t actually watch the game and are more worried about some incredible story that has about 37 falsehoods.

Edited by KingBlank
  • Plus1 3

9 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

And Richard Sherman ran a 4.6. Straight line speed isn't everything, John Ross has been an afterthought.

He had good-to-great numbers in almost every other category, so whatever impact his 40 had might have been mitigated. 

10 hours ago, KingBlank said:

3.  As a natual talent linemen in his first year, he was better before they changed to an awful offense and tried to isolate him.  This wasted his natural ability.

4. He was isolated many times on the best rusher on defense, and was repeated left on island.  Had help backs continually miss assignments on his help side.  

5.  Lee incorrectly assesed defense blitzs and rush formations that pulled the left guard off and made him have to choose which man to block.

All of your statement is conjecture, with no proff, valid arguements or points.  Maybe he didn’t want to play for one more year in a completely different offense, 3 in 4 years basically.  Possibly he wanted to go try to make some serious cash, when his chance might be the best to do so.   Your goal is to be some cool guy while bashing a kid who started almost every freaking game he was on campus for.  Ya screw that guy who might want to try to make a living at this glorious game.  Scott Frost would love you and fans like you, he probably would invite you in for advice.  I for one couldn’t think of a person on this board that would be prefect for mental and physical evaluation of college football players then you.  Sometimes I swear people like you don’t actually watch the game and are more worried about some incredible story that has about 37 falsehoods.

It's been sourced by a lot of people closer to the program than you or I that Gates' work ethic was questionable, at best. Was he helped by the previous coaching staff? Probably not; he should have stayed at RT in college, and will have to move to G in order to stick in the NFL. Was he a cancer? Absolutely not. Even with the lack of worth ethic and buy-in, he was still our most talented O-lineman the last two years. With that comes the responsibility of being isolated, on an island, against the D's best pass rusher on most occasions. That's part of the job. 

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

There was some talk over the weekend whether he'd fit better at CB or S; I think his time pushes him more towards S territory. 

Agreed.  His explosiveness also leans more towards a safety.  Diaco might have actually been right about something.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ADS said:

Agreed.  His explosiveness also leans more towards a safety.  Diaco might have actually been right about something.

He knew what he was talking about with Kalu. In an ideal world Kalu would've been a safety to start, and it was always his more natural position. I never thought his athleticism fit at corner.

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

He had good-to-great numbers in almost every other category, so whatever impact his 40 had might have been mitigated. 

Agreed.  Sherman being 6'3 to boot certainly helped.  That being said, he still didn't get drafted until the 5th round.  Seattle was on the forefront of the 'tall corner' movement.  I'd be curious to see where Sherman would get drafted if he were coming out this year.

13 hours ago, KingBlank said:

It’s hard to take someone too seriously who can’t spell either proof or arguments.

Multiple reporters who cover the Huskers have talked about how lazy many of the players were under the Riley regime. Gates was specifically mentioned by name numerous times as lazy and unwilling to put in the work. The results I saw on the field, where he looked doughy and out of shape and played poorly are still more additional evidence as to his work ethic. 

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/85687-nick-gates-declares-for-nfl-draft/&

Edited by Ric Flair
  • Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s hard to take someone too seriously who can’t spell either proof or arguments.

Multiple reporters who cover the Huskers have talked about how lazy many of the players were under the Riley regime. Gates was specifically mentioned by name numerous times as lazy and unwilling to put in the work. The results I saw on the field, where he looked doughy and out of shape and played poorly are still more additional evidence as to his work ethic. 

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/85687-nick-gates-declares-for-nfl-draft/&

I type from my phone and post.  I do not go back to re-read a message board post.   

I just skimmed that entire thread and found zero media members calling out Gates specifically.   Again you and that other guy believe anything you read on here.  

Ric Flair 

"Given how delusional our prior staff was about the level of effort, discipline, work ethic, etc. is necessary to succeed, it wouldn’t be too surprising if some of that rubbed off on the players. I almost feel sorry for the players that are left. If they’ve forgotten how to work, the offseason is going to feel like SEAL training."

That is an exact quote from you from that thread.   Are saying it's Riley's fault the players aren't strong or is it Nick Gates fault?  It's Nick Gates fault the coach didn't properly prepare a team to play on Saturdays?  You just said they forgot how to work due to a coach!  But Nick Gates doesn't deserve to be Husker because of this?

You feel sorry for them,  except Nick Gates because you professionally know what a offensive linemen looks like?  You can weasel all you want you are caught in the middle, your argument is garbage.   

Here's the best part, you are bashing on guy who didn't want to take part in THE WORST FOOTBALL PHYSICAL PREPARATION in Nebraska history.   So Nick Gates doesn't work hard because his coaches tell him to do something a certain way?   Clearly he wasn't the only one working hard,  ex Lamar Jackson.  Is he suppose to start his own strength and conditioning department?  

Wooooooo RIGHT HERE! 

Edited by KingBlank