Danny's Miracle: The Improbable Rise of Neebrasketball

17 hours ago, El Straino said:

I dunno, Dirk, do we need an extra digital subscription to get autographs and selfies as well?

I know your comment is made in jest but if I got something tangible for my subscription (for the sake of argument a copy of Henry Cordes book on Tom Osborne) I'd probably be more apt to pay it.  NET does this a lot when they're making their pledge drive, they'll offer something usually related to Nebraska football.

10 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I know your comment is made in jest but if I got something tangible for my subscription (for the sake of argument a copy of Henry Cordes book on Tom Osborne) I'd probably be more apt to pay it.  NET does this a lot when they're making their pledge drive, they'll offer something usually related to Nebraska football.

That's why NET is awesome.  Besides the fact that my kids can't go without Daniel Tiger every morning.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't have the subscription. But, I'm just interested in one thing.

What is he doing now?  The picture posted for the article makes it look like he's an AAU or HS coach.

I think Omaha.com now has the entire series online for free.

Nee is now 72 years old, and has spent the past couple seasons as a high school assistant coach, and he will be an AAU coach this summer.  He lost quite a bit of a money in a Ponzi scheme about 10 years ago and has had some health scares, so he may not have a ton of money left.  I listened to a podcast with Dirk, Piatkowski, and Chubick, and Nee got on the phone for the last 20 minutes.  Nee remembered quite a bit from his NU days, but didn't remember all the exact details (it sucks getting old).  He did say that he is going to try and come back to Nebraska next winter to watch Piatkowski's son play and watch Chubick's high school team play (Bruce is assisting his dad, Bruce Sr.)

• Plus1 1