RB John Bivens [Nebraska Commit- Walk On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Weird how we hammered the last coach for going after a player with academic issues.  But now it’s okay.

this staff isn't turning away other prospects that are of equal or better rating in order to recruit kids they know are academic risks. 

Blades is a great example of this but the worst example by far is Mapieu. His issues were known 2 years before his graduation date. 

You're choosing a hell of a hill to die on here.

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Who exactly? Blades? It's different putting all your eggs in a single basket as opposed to having eggs in two baskets and dropping one basket. 

Blades, Watts, Mapieu.  I am of the opinion that it is ill advised to consider academic risks this early in the recruiting process. 

If, in fact, he is an academic risk.

37 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Blades, Watts, Mapieu.  I am of the opinion that it is ill advised to consider academic risks this early in the recruiting process. 

Yep.  Every situation is exactly the same an no detailed circumstances should be considered in favor of making sweeping, blanket statements.

• Plus1 7
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I see no reason to not even consider him.

Do they need to do their due diligence and maybe hold off on accepting a commitment until he meets some milestones they set for him? Of course, but to just avoid him is assuring that they'll miss on a potentially great recruit.

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

You can't afford to waste roster spots..

He has 2 summers and a full year to get things in order.  Recruit the heck out of the kid and don't stop recruiting others in the process.   If it gets closer to signing day and it doesn't look good with him qualifying then you can pull back.  You can not miss on a kid if they are a borderline qualification issue because you assume they won't make it.  

• Plus1 2