What is your claim to fame?

My biggest claim to fame is probably from when I worked in TV plus some of the people I interviewed (mostly local names but there are a few big national ones in there):

- Alexander Payne

- Ndamukong Suh (and a slew of some other former Huskers like Crouch, Frazier, Rodgers, Shields, Osborne)

- Obama's Secretary of Transportation

- Pete Ricketts

- Brenda Tracy

- Bill Clinton 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

My biggest claim to fame is probably from when I worked in TV plus some of the people I interviewed (mostly local names but there are a few big national ones in there):

- Alexander Payne

- Ndamukong Suh (and a slew of some other former Huskers like Crouch, Frazier, Rodgers, Shields, Osborne)

- Obama's Secretary of Transportation

- Pete Ricketts

- Brenda Tracy

- Bill Clinton 

I like how Suh gets the name drop over two Heisman winners, the best QB in school history, an NFL Hall of Famer, and one of the best coaches in CFB history. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I like how Suh gets the name drop over two Heisman winners, the best QB in school history, an NFL Hall of Famer, and one of the best coaches in CFB history. 

He stands out to me more than the others because I interviewed him a few times and typically in a 1-on-1 setting. The other Huskers were almost always interviewed in some big group-type or gala setting so they don't always pop into the forefront of my mind.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

He stands out to me more than the others because I interviewed him a few times and typically in a 1-on-1 setting. The other Huskers were almost always interviewed in some big group-type or gala setting so they don't always pop into the forefront of my mind.

Oh, nice. That's understandable, then. No snark was intended. 

I "made love" to a girl that was on the internets "Exploited College Girls" series.  Met her at a golf scramble, she was the hole-in-one (no pun) girl for the car dealership that was putting up the car for a hole in one at Deer Creek (Players Club).  We flirted...I took my shot, landed on the green but didn't win the car.  Finished my round was drinking at the bar and there she was, we started chatting and well...a gentlemen never tells.

I like to think that she looks at it as her claim to fame.

Edited by teachercd
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I "made love" to a girl that was on the internets "Exploited College Girls" series.  Met her at a golf scramble, she was the hole-in-one (no pun) girl for the car dealership that was putting up the car for a hole in one at Deer Creek (Players Club).  We flirted...I took my shot, landed on the green but didn't win the car.  Finished my round was drinking at the bar and there she was, we started chatting and well...a gentlemen never tells.

I like to think that she looks at it as her claim to fame.

Link?

Edit:  I was once behind Hulk Hogan and his whole family (pre-divorce) for the log ride at Disney World.  Hulk had some ridiculous "disguise" on that did not in fact disguise him.

I also was once at the state fair when I was pretty young and saw Johnny Rodgers and got my picture taken with him.  I was told they'd develop it, he'd sign it and I could come back in a couple hours to pick it up.  I came back a couple hours later only to find out that was a completely empty promise and that he was gone for the day.  As a child, I was crushed.  That was the day I started to dislike Johnny Rodgers. 

Edited by RedSavage