Moiraine

What is your claim to fame?

I think we had this topic before, or maybe still have it, but I couldn't find it in my search.

I'll start.

I knew Tom Osborne's license plate # in 2012 and I was too nice to google it.
I was a runner up in the contest to name Lil' Red, but they might've sent this letter to 500 kids. (I don't remember what my idea was).
I once knew 6 digits of Cher's credit card number
I've met Felicity Shagwell (Heather Graham) and Cassandra Wong (Tia Carerre)

Edited by Moiraine

I got in a fight with Tom Rathman in an 8th grade basketball game (and still have his cleat marks in my chest * not really* from a HS football game when we were seniors). 

I gave Jamie Williams a ride to Rozier and Gill’s place one night when we were all students at UNL. If I recall they lived in a house down on D street south of campus. He didn’t fit too well in my Lemans.

I’m listed as the inventor on a patent.

Obviously I’m not very famous.

In HS marching band, 4 years straight, got nothing but Superior rankings in field marching.

Drank in every bar in Fillmore County in one night, 12 or 13 at the time.

Current reigning RXW World Champion going on 15 years.

Invented this meme:

stay-gangster-happy-birthday-19272836.pn

Lived next door to some one that was on 60 Minutes, and not in a nice way (American Neo-Nazi)

Jeff Kinney saved my life.  He was a student teacher when I took gym in high school.  He was spotting the vaulting and I didn't have enough momentum to carry me all the way over so I was heading toward the floor head first when he grabbed my shirt to break my fall.

36 minutes ago, huKSer said:

Lived next door to some one that was on 60 Minutes, and not in a nice way (American Neo-Nazi)

Jeff Kinney saved my life.  He was a student teacher when I took gym in high school.  He was spotting the vaulting and I didn't have enough momentum to carry me all the way over so I was heading toward the floor head first when he grabbed my shirt to break my fall.

I was hoping you were gonna tell us about that time you made a giant pancake for Macaulay Culkin

I walked in on Broderick Thomas crying because his mom hadn’t called him on his birthday. I had to talk to him for an hour tying to make him feel better. 

Big relief when I accomplished my goal........living. 

Went to Texas to visit my brother and meet my hero Earl Campbell. He didn't show up and i had to "settle" for meeting Mickey Mantle. I was very let down at 15, but looking back i probably shouldn't have been.

I beat Gerry Gdowski in a 400 meter race once . It was just us there, but WE know ! Disclaimer , he still continually kicked my ass in every other sport all through school,  but there was that one time...

I met Michael Jackson's dad at the Flamingo in Vegas.

I met Jenna Jameson at a "Club" once.

I won a shrimp eating contest at Bonanza , God i hate shrimp now.

so yeah i basically got nuthin. lol

good idea for a thread though

Edited by Big Red 40

I have swam in all 4 of the world's oceans. (I use the term "swam" loosely for the Arctic Ocean, where it was more about treading water for as long as I could stand before getting out since it was the only ocean I hadn't been in yet.)

I lived in a fraternity for five years, got s#!tfaced drunk many hundreds of times, but didn't throw up even one time.  I think that might be a world record or something.  

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Scott Frost has touched my ass. 

xFrJtHx.gif

22 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Scott Frost has touched my ass. 

Like a nice firm grab or just a bump and rub?

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Like a nice firm grab or just a bump and rub?

We bumped into one another on the dance floor of a wedding we were both attending. So really, some cheek to cheek action. 

I'm in 311s first music video

I tackled Ahman Green once.  I filled the hole, saw him coming,  I turtled up as he was about to truck me and he tripped.

Grew up in Bellevue and played pick up basketball with Erick Strickland and Andre Woolridge.

Played soccer against Reggie Baul, incredibly fast, but horrible soccer player.  I'm surprised anyone wanted to give him a college scholarship in that sport.

Edited by sho

5 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I've written two resolutions presented to the United Nations. 

I've written many resolutions for the Nebraska Model UN

Does that still exist?

13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

We bumped into one another on the dance floor of a wedding we were both attending. So really, some cheek to cheek action. 

That's not what they had in mind when they sang Dancing Cheek to Cheek

7 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I've written two resolutions presented to the United Nations. 

This is probably the biggest claim to fame so far. That's pretty impressive, man.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This is probably the biggest claim to fame so far. That's pretty impressive, man.

But were they adopted!?

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But were they adopted!?

giphy.gif

My biggest claim to fame is probably from when I worked in TV plus some of the people I interviewed (mostly local names but there are a few big national ones in there):

- Alexander Payne

- Ndamukong Suh (and a slew of some other former Huskers like Crouch, Frazier, Rodgers, Shields, Osborne)

- Obama's Secretary of Transportation

- Pete Ricketts

- Brenda Tracy

- Bill Clinton 

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

My biggest claim to fame is probably from when I worked in TV plus some of the people I interviewed (mostly local names but there are a few big national ones in there):

- Alexander Payne

- Ndamukong Suh (and a slew of some other former Huskers like Crouch, Frazier, Rodgers, Shields, Osborne)

- Obama's Secretary of Transportation

- Pete Ricketts

- Brenda Tracy

- Bill Clinton 

I like how Suh gets the name drop over two Heisman winners, the best QB in school history, an NFL Hall of Famer, and one of the best coaches in CFB history. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

the best QB in school history

He didn't mention Matt Turman?

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I like how Suh gets the name drop over two Heisman winners, the best QB in school history, an NFL Hall of Famer, and one of the best coaches in CFB history. 

He stands out to me more than the others because I interviewed him a few times and typically in a 1-on-1 setting. The other Huskers were almost always interviewed in some big group-type or gala setting so they don't always pop into the forefront of my mind.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

He stands out to me more than the others because I interviewed him a few times and typically in a 1-on-1 setting. The other Huskers were almost always interviewed in some big group-type or gala setting so they don't always pop into the forefront of my mind.

Oh, nice. That's understandable, then. No snark was intended. 

Todd Millikan, TE at Nebraska in mid 80's threw a 1 hitter against my HS baseball team.  I got the hit.  He was also a great baseball prospect with an offer to play at Okie St., who was a national power at the time. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was Lon Chaney's lover.

First rule of the internet. 

I "made love" to a girl that was on the internets "Exploited College Girls" series.  Met her at a golf scramble, she was the hole-in-one (no pun) girl for the car dealership that was putting up the car for a hole in one at Deer Creek (Players Club).  We flirted...I took my shot, landed on the green but didn't win the car.  Finished my round was drinking at the bar and there she was, we started chatting and well...a gentlemen never tells.

I like to think that she looks at it as her claim to fame.

Edited by teachercd

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I "made love" to a girl that was on the internets "Exploited College Girls" series.  Met her at a golf scramble, she was the hole-in-one (no pun) girl for the car dealership that was putting up the car for a hole in one at Deer Creek (Players Club).  We flirted...I took my shot, landed on the green but didn't win the car.  Finished my round was drinking at the bar and there she was, we started chatting and well...a gentlemen never tells.

Link?

Edit:  I was once behind Hulk Hogan and his whole family (pre-divorce) for the log ride at Disney World.  Hulk had some ridiculous "disguise" on that did not in fact disguise him.

I also was once at the state fair when I was pretty young and saw Johnny Rodgers and got my picture taken with him.  I was told they'd develop it, he'd sign it and I could come back in a couple hours to pick it up.  I came back a couple hours later only to find out that was a completely empty promise and that he was gone for the day.  As a child, I was crushed.  That was the day I started to dislike Johnny Rodgers. 

Edited by RedSavage

7 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Link?

Edit:  I was once behind Hulk Hogan and his whole family (pre-divorce) for the log ride at Disney World.  Hulk had some ridiculous "disguise" on that did not in fact disguise him.

I don't know the link anymore but I sent you some info if you want to find it!  I am not in the video...sorry!  Hahaha

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I don't know the link anymore but I sent you some info if you want to find it!  I am not in the video...sorry!  Hahaha

HAHA!  I was mostly joking!

Just now, RedSavage said:

HAHA!  I was mostly joking!

Ha!  Well then it is a good thing I didn't put the link out there!  

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Coincidence? Teach nails the girl and then "mysteriously" she ends up on "exploited college girls" series....

3 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Coincidence? Teach nails the girl and then "mysteriously" she ends up on "exploited college girls" series....

She was on it FIRST!   Ha!

The funny part...I found her on that "site" AFTER we stopped hanging totally by dumb luck.