GeorBraska?

Georgia seems to have a higher concentration of top end talent than maybe any other state, so it's likely we'll be offering several kids from there each year. I think it's premature to call it a movement and create a portmanteau at this point. However, we do have three commits from Nebraska so we could create that one. NebRaska? NeBraska? I'm not sure the best way to mash them together.

• Plus1 1

Recruiting Georgia would be smart, but as @default_28 said, the concentration is high, but the competition will be tough. If they can get Pappoe out of the state, that would be amazing; that said, there are a ton of good prospects there, so it would be wise to have some sort of a foothold there. 

Edited by Cdog923

I don't care what we call it if the players pan out. The 'Calibraska' movement largely feels like smoke and mirrors these days.

Also, I feel like we should implement a less violent/deadly version of Huskerboard 'seppuku' every time someone tries to combine our state name with another. Expect a board announcement shortly.

• Plus1 2

On 3/8/2018 at 8:18 AM, default_28 said:

However, we do have three commits from Nebraska so we could create that one. NebRaska? NeBraska? I'm not sure the best way to mash them together.

It is difficult, maybe NewBraska to also reflect a change in coaching staff?  Say it a few times, it's kind of catchy.

1 minute ago, theknife said:

It's 2018 and recruits prefer the Huskies 

But corndawgs includes huskies.

Like I've said, I'd be okay with our mascot being a husky.  We can still be the Cornhuskers but have a cute dog instead of a farmer in a polo shirt or a giant annoying blob.

Or we could go back to the farmer in overalls.