ScottyIce

2018-19 Schedule

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

The 25-26 high-major will be 20 B1G, Seton Hall, Creighton, an ACC team, USC, Texas Tech & the opponent in Sioux Falls.  They aren't guaranteed to play both USC & Tech (they could play Missouri State)so that's why it could be 25 or 26.  If they play Missouri State it will be 25, if not 26.  There will be two home games as part of the HOF Classic the first weekend against lower level D1 teams.  That only leaves 2-3 more games to schedule & those are likely to be "buy" games with one possibly being a D2 team.

2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

The 25-26 high-major will be 20 B1G, Seton Hall, Creighton, an ACC team, USC, Texas Tech & the opponent in Sioux Falls.  They aren't guaranteed to play both USC & Tech (they could play Missouri State)so that's why it could be 25 or 26.  If they play Missouri State it will be 25, if not 26.  There will be two home games as part of the HOF Classic the first weekend against lower level D1 teams.  That only leaves 2-3 more games to schedule & those are likely to be "buy" games with one possibly being a D2 team.

Which is the way to schedule since D2 doesnt hurt RPI.

Which is sort of stupid but is what it is.

Good matchup. Two "bubble" teams going at it.

2nd year coach, so I would assume they have high hopes at Okie State.

They are losing a few pieces:

Jeff Carroll- 15.7 PPG/ 6.2 RPG

Kendall Smith- 13.1 PPG/ 3.1 RPG

Tavarius Shine 9.7 PPG/ 3.5 RPG

Mitchell Solomon- 8.5 PPG/ 6.5 RPG

4 of their top 5 scorers are gone.

They have 5 Freshman coming in. They did Grad-transfer Mike Cunningham from USC Upstate(13.7 PPG/3 assists).

Curtis Jones was also added but he wont be ready till 2nd semester. Transfer from Indiana.

i really like the match up however don't understand why is SD???  Can someone help me on this.... KC would make for sense for travel.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

i really like the match up however don't understand why is SD???  Can someone help me on this.... KC would make for sense for travel.

I came here to ask the same thing.  What possibly is the reason?  Has SD all of a  sudden become a recruiting hotbed?

This really doesn't make sense. 

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I came here to ask the same thing.  What possibly is the reason?  Has SD all of a  sudden become a recruiting hotbed?

South Dakota has great faces and great places.

Kansas City doesnt.

#problemsolved

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

I am cool with playing Oklahoma State, but I was really hoping this meant we were playing South Dakota State. Hopefully they are one of our opponents this year.

4 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Damn Miami twice and Clemson twice since joining the B1G.  Would be nice to switch up some opponents, but we'll probably draw BC at home next year.  In any case they were a sweet 16 team last year, but not sure what they return.  

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sanford is pretty big money in SF. I’m pretty sure  they throw some money to get these teams plus have incredible facilities. Throw in the Tim is from SD and toss in that there is a freshman PHENOM in Yankton, maybe it all adds up.

12 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Damn Miami twice and Clemson twice since joining the B1G.  Would be nice to switch up some opponents, but we'll probably draw BC at home next year.  In any case they were a sweet 16 team last year, but not sure what they return.  

Clemson returns pretty much everyone and are a for sure top 25 team. It isn't going to be easy, but that would just make it even sweeter if we win.

1 hour ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

Clemson returns pretty much everyone and are a for sure top 25 team. It isn't going to be easy, but that would just make it even sweeter if we win.

ESPN has them at 20 after draft decisions & CBS Sports has them at 24.

For those questioning the game in Sioux Falls.  The Sanford Pentagon is great small arena to watch a game.  Every year since that location has been built they try to bring in two teams not from South Dakota to play a game.  Below is a list of previous match-ups which you can clearly tell is not done for recruiting reasons.  Most games involve a team from the area and with all the other major programs in the vicinity playing in the past, we might as well get involved also.

2013 - Wisconsin vs. St. Johns
2014 - Wichita St. vs. Memphis
2015 - Iowas St. Colorado
2015 - Oklahoma St. vs Colorado
2016 - Minnesota vs. Vanderbilt

2017 - Iowa vs. Colorado

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Shoot, Clemson could start the season in the top 10...they are loaded.

Well at least the SOS should be better

4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Well at least the SOS should be better

Way better...25 or 26 high major teams is brutal.  Illinois has what is pretty much the nastiest schedule in the country with 27 high major games...

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-06-07/we-ranked-best-conference-challenge-matchups-upcoming-college

7. Nebraska at Clemson, ACC-Big Ten Challenge, Nov. 26: The Huskers are one of my picks to compete for the Big Ten title. But to erase the pain of not getting into the NCAA tournament they must pick up quality road wins, especially in the non-conference. The Tigers have their backcourt intact and so do the Huskers. This game wasn’t going to be a headline matchup but it will resonate with the committee come March.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/sam-s-extra-points-breon-dixon-makes-it-clear-he/article_4159b850-7f93-50e1-a2d4-cd8bedfc798f.html

Both the Nebraska men’s and women’s basketball teams — along with other Big Ten programs — are using Kevin Pauga, a former Michigan State director of basketball operations, as a scheduling consultant. He’s now an assistant athletic director in MSU’s administration and author of the KPI, a metric that’s consistently done well in predicting the NCAA tournament field.

The men’s nonconference schedule is ambitious — a tournament in Kansas City, Oklahoma State in Sioux Falls, Clemson, Seton Hall, Creighton. The women’s schedule may be just as ambitious when it’s done.

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Mississippi Valley State was #349 out of 351 in RPI last year.

SE Louisiana was at least a respectable 148 - they went 22-12.

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think our schedule will be far improved this year. Hopefully the Big Ten will also be better.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Mavric said:

Unfortunately nothing we can do about that.  The tournament organizers assign those games.

99 days until the season starts and only 1 or 2 games still completely unknown.  Lots of dates/times unknown but for the most part we know who.

Anyone planning to head up to Sioux Falls for the Nebraska Oklahoma State game? Will be in attendance with my brother. Flying in from CLT that Friday. Would love some tips on the area if anyone's been before. 

8 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

I don’t get what the big secret is? Just announce the damn thing already.

They don't want to interrupt the non stop Scott Frost coverage.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, seaofred92 said:

Anyone planning to head up to Sioux Falls for the Nebraska Oklahoma State game? Will be in attendance with my brother. Flying in from CLT that Friday. Would love some tips on the area if anyone's been before. 

100% planning on going if I can land tickets.

What sort of tips are you looking at? There is really only one place to drink/eat nearby and it’s walkable distance. Wills Training Table.

4 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

100% planning on going if I can land tickets.

What sort of tips are you looking at? There is really only one place to drink/eat nearby and it’s walkable distance. Wills Training Table.

where to stay/eat primarily. Will probably stay in downtown Sioux Falls just need suggests for hotels and bars/restaurants

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

You would think the non-con schedule would come out Today or Monday then.  I don't remember the non-con schedule ever coming out after the conference schedule.