Who starts at QB?

2018 Husker Starting QB  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

This first part is not on topic either, but everytime you post I expect my screen to zoom in...giphy.gif

:D

On topic...I fully expect Gebbia to start the season because of what is between his ears. Martinez hopefully will push him, but I think Tristan is smart enough to thrive under Frost.

Please take this to rummorville - no where have i seen it documented what is between his ears.

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

By definition, a claimed personal account or information presented without proof is a rumor. Although I have no reason to doubt you, intentions are irrelevant, which is why we often urge caution when sharing that type of information in the football forum.

The rest is not a discussion to have in this thread. Please PM if you wish to discuss further.

The entire Frost Megathread needed to be put in the Rumor section with that definition. But I have Gebbia winning the QB battle. Starting a freshman could mean both losers transfer. Risky 

Edited by Waldo
  • Plus1 1

On 3/14/2018 at 5:22 AM, Danimal said:

I give Martinez the edge because if the race is close I think he's the guy Frosts opts for. No matter who starts we are going to take our lumps this season, unless POB or Gebbia can really assert himself as the best  I see them going with the guy perceived to give them the most upside.

The only way Martinez is the starter first game is if he is clearly better. If it’s even or others are slightly better, the true freshman isn’t starting. 

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Waldo said:

The entire Frost Megathread needed to be put in the Rumor section with that definition. But I have Gebbia winning the QB battle. Starting a freshman could mean both losers transfer. Risky 

If you had followed the megathread from start to finish, you would know we verbally acknowledged that thread belonged in Rumorville, but we kept it in the football forum because of a) the overwhelming interest in the topic and b) it would've been near impossible to prevent.

Is it really necessary to continue to argue the point?

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The only way Martinez is the started first game is if he is clearly better. If it’s even or others are slightly better, the true freshman isn’t starting. 

I also truly think it would be near miraculous if AM somehow won the job. Dude basically missed a full year of football. He doesn't seem concerned about it when he talks in interviews so I'm really interested to see where it all shakes out come April.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I also truly think it would be near miraculous if AM somehow won the job. Dude basically missed a full year of football. He doesn't seem concerned about it when he talks in interviews so I'm really interested to see where it all shakes out come April.

Adrian did miss a year of football, but he also gained something really valuable....he saw a season through the eyes of a coach. He got to see a totally different perspective and work in a different way, while knowing he already had a scholarship secured at a D1 program.

I don't know who is going to start, or even if the day 1 starter is the guy that is still starting in December. But I do know when quarterbacks are mentioned this staff seems to have a little sparkle in their eye when mentioning Martinez. Everyone seems to. 

Where's the Bubba Starling option?

Milton was the 3rd quarterback to play his freshman year, although once he played they definitely didn't look back. I'd be really surprised if it was Martinez - he's the future but it could be a long year if he starts right away. I've gotta think both Gebbia and POB are better than the non-Milton options were at UCF, so as long as they both stick I'd bet Martinez will redshirt. Wouldn't be shocking if the number 2 guy transferred though, and if that's the case he would definitely play.

2 hours ago, brophog said:

Adrian did miss a year of football, but he also gained something really valuable....he saw a season through the eyes of a coach. He got to see a totally different perspective and work in a different way, while knowing he already had a scholarship secured at a D1 program.

I don't know who is going to start, or even if the day 1 starter is the guy that is still starting in December. But I do know when quarterbacks are mentioned this staff seems to have a little sparkle in their eye when mentioning Martinez. Everyone seems to. 

I agree that can be valuable, but it would mean a lot more if it had been with this staff learning this offense, but he was obviously still in high school.

He could very well win the job, but the other guys have adjusted to college and have some college conditioning under their belts.  I think that evens it all out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 1:00 PM, theknife said:

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE HUSKERBOARD CONSPIRACY TO SWEEP ANDREW BUNCH UNDER THE RUG

Andrew Bunch threw for 1,331 yards and 13 touchdowns in nine games. He completed 55.7 percent of his passes, third-best among quarterbacks in the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...