Lag/Rubberbanding on PS4. Need a fix ASAP

Ok I’m trying to find an issue dealing with lag, rubber banding that I’ve been experiencing lately. I’m running the same equipment from me previous house where I didn’t have these issues besides a new internet provider with faster internet speeds. None of these issues I’ve experienced before at my old house with the same equipment besides the modem and internet provider. 

I started to notice it after I downloaded Fortnite 4-5 weeks ago and would experience my character for a split second lag while walking or cutting down a tree/rock/car. Boarded up doors and cutting those down, I would skip right through it and I’m standing inside the building with the boarded up wall missing. 

Stopped playing Fornite and jumped back into BF1 that I haven’t played in a while and while running my guy would run, stop, run, stop, etc every so often or like today I was getting out of water and my character didn’t know whether he wanted out or not. I’m out on land then back into the water and out again. The lag was weird like that.

I’ve read that lagging and rubber banding could be issues with the hard drive in the PS4 being full or crapping out. My 1TB hard drive was about 80% full so I deleted a lot of crap so I’m sitting at about 600+gbs of free space. Well that didn’t fix the problem. 

Talking to the Geek Squad guys and other guys at work at Best Buy, they suggested that I take the router off my PS4 cause it may be making the PS4 hot. Did that and still didn’t fix the issue. 

Did a firmware update on my router and that didn’t fix the problem. 

I’m running a Netgear AC1900 router, CAT5e Ethernet cables, 200mbps internet speed and a 1TB hard drive that I bought on Amazon almost a year ago. My PS4 is wired into the router and the router is wired into the Modem both using CAT5e Ethernet cables. 

Streaming Netflix wirelessly upstairs and downstairs at the same time, we have no issues with picture quality and buffering. 

So does anyone know what the problem may be? Is my PS4 crapping out or is there something wrong with the internet, router settings, provider, something? It’s hard for me to enjoy gaming with this issues taking place.

• Plus1 1

• 4 years later...