So, who is going to leave?

Who leaves?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heard it as well from someone with family member down inside the admin office.  Some contractual demands were made by Coach Miles and I think Moos is hesitant/resistant to giving Miles what he wanted.  Moos may want to kick a few tires for a bit, before deciding on what to do with Miles. 

22 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Heard it as well from someone with family member down inside the admin office.  Some contractual demands were made by Coach Miles and I think Moos is hesitant/resistant to giving Miles what he wanted.  Moos may want to kick a few tires for a bit, before deciding on what to do with Miles. 

If I were Moos, I'd probably give Miles a one year extension with a caveat that if the team did well next year he'd get more (out to 5 years), but if they didn't he was gone.  It would look bad to fire him after he wins 22 games (no matter how easy the schedule was), but if this year turns out to be flash in the pan (like 13-14 was) you don't want the buyout to be huge even if they can afford it.  The Huskers don't want to get stuck with a mediocre coach like Iowa football has who wins big when it's time to renew and then goes back middle of the pack.

I think that Tim unfortunately did enough to extend his time in Lincoln another year. The way you basically do it is this: 

You give him a 2 year extension for PR purposes and re-evaluate. I believe this means after the completion of next season he would have 3 years remaining on his deal. Tell him its NCAA or bust next year and if we get there you can give him another 2 years. 

I know he's gotten some accolades but I wouldn't mind seeing Molinari go in favor of a more offensive minded assistant. We don't need to completely revamp what we are doing offensively but we do need to incorporate other options and plays/a better x's and o's guy in timeouts. This team is horrible at situational basketball. 

Of course my preference is to change out the coaching staff and operations people in their entirety (made this known numerous times) but I don't know if that would play well in the coaching world. No matter how ridiculous it is the notion that Nebraska would fire a coach after a "23 win season" is something that would probably be viewed negatively nationally.

• Plus1 2
On 3/23/2018 at 1:30 PM, ECisGod said:

If I were Moos, I'd probably give Miles a one year extension with a caveat that if the team did well next year he'd get more (out to 5 years), but if they didn't he was gone.  It would look bad to fire him after he wins 22 games (no matter how easy the schedule was), but if this year turns out to be flash in the pan (like 13-14 was) you don't want the buyout to be huge even if they can afford it.  The Huskers don't want to get stuck with a mediocre coach like Iowa football has who wins big when it's time to renew and then goes back middle of the pack.

I think it is an all or nothing. Either extend him 4 years or fire him.

The thing a lot of people are talking about is how they lack of "He is our guy" is killing recruiting. While I agree it doesnt look good to fire a guy after 22 wins, if you dont feel like he is building things the right way, you need to move on. 

Miles system and his short bursts of success have given a lot of us pause on consistent winning. He has found some great transfer players but has struggled to get highschoolers to stick it out and to grow them. Watson and Morrow were his two big ones and Watson digressed and Morrow left.

Roby is a heck of a find but he will need to grow that and not rely on two year guys every time.

32 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think it is an all or nothing. Either extend him 4 years or fire him.

The thing a lot of people are talking about is how they lack of "He is our guy" is killing recruiting. While I agree it doesnt look good to fire a guy after 22 wins, if you dont feel like he is building things the right way, you need to move on. 

Miles system and his short bursts of success have given a lot of us pause on consistent winning. He has found some great transfer players but has struggled to get highschoolers to stick it out and to grow them. Watson and Morrow were his two big ones and Watson digressed and Morrow left.

Roby is a heck of a find but he will need to grow that and not rely on two year guys every time.

Roby is a great find but I'd argue there has not been much development to his game for the amount of potential he has. Whether thats on him or the staff is up for debate

53 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Roby is a great find but I'd argue there has not been much development to his game for the amount of potential he has. Whether thats on him or the staff is up for debate

Part of Roby's lack of development was due to his injuries as a freshman.  He seemed to improve a lot as the season progressed.

3 hours ago, ECisGod said:

Part of Roby's lack of development was due to his injuries as a freshman.  He seemed to improve a lot as the season progressed.

Yup forgot about him being hurt. I’d love to see what he could do in a better offensive system as well. As many people have mentioned, kids ceiling is through the roof 

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Yup forgot about him being hurt. I’d love to see what he could do in a better offensive system as well. As many people have mentioned, kids ceiling is through the roof 

The biggest thing with Roby this year was he finally got to just play ball.  When he played as a freshman he pretty much was looking over his shoulder at the bench after every off/def possession because Miles had such a short leash with him.  Knowing that fouls were the only thing that sends him to the bench this year definitely helped with his confidence

43 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The biggest thing with Roby this year was he finally got to just play ball.  When he played as a freshman he pretty much was looking over his shoulder at the bench after every off/def possession because Miles had such a short leash with him.  Knowing that fouls were the only thing that sends him to the bench this year definitely helped with his confidence

Hopefully Allen gets the same amount of leash next year.

• Plus1 2
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Mavric said:

I really don't think he'll be fired now.  Although the HOL guys commented that it's interesting we haven't heard a vote of confidence either.

They noted that he's currently only got two years on his contract so if you were going to get rid of him, now would be the time.  Word is other B1G schools have used it as a negative recruiting tool.  If you only give him a one-year extension that doesn't do much to dissuade that.  But do you (general "you", not you specifically) want to get him back up to a five-year deal right now?

Interesting to see what Moos will do.

I don't think Miles is gone either. Here's what I'd do. Extend the contract to 5 full years. That way he has no excuses when going out recruiting and if we have a back slide next year and have to let him go, just chalk it up as a cost of doing business. That way you've given him full support and if he can't get it done then we know full and well that he had all possible chances to succeed.

Next year could be great so let's not put up barriers to success.

On the other hand if we don't get some guys in to fill the shoes of Palmer & Copeland after next year things could get difficult. It will be interesting to see what Miles has up his sleeves.

2 hours ago, pearljammer said:

I don't think Miles is gone either. Here's what I'd do. Extend the contract to 5 full years. That way he has no excuses when going out recruiting and if we have a back slide next year and have to let him go, just chalk it up as a cost of doing business. That way you've given him full support and if he can't get it done then we know full and well that he had all possible chances to succeed.

Next year could be great so let's not put up barriers to success.

On the other hand if we don't get some guys in to fill the shoes of Palmer & Copeland after next year things could get difficult. It will be interesting to see what Miles has up his sleeves.

Extending him to five years then saying he has to prove it in one year makes no sense.  The only thing the length of the contract has to do with is recruiting and it's too late for recruiting to make much of a difference for next year.