So, who is going to leave?

Who leaves?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both "should" be back.  Neither one will be a first round pick.  JPJ may possibly sneak into late first round, but won't be projected there.  I am a huge Hoya fan too, so I have followed Copeland.  He isn't ready.  JPJ may leave, but Copeland would be making huge mistake.  Neither will transfer again, so I am predicting that at least 1 is back and a strong possibility that both return.

• Plus1 1

I'm really hard pressed to see a scenario in which Copeland comes back.  He's 23, has his degree and a history of back issues.  Also, Gill is gone too which removes his probable best friend from the team.  I just see Copeland going the pro ball route.  

JPJ, I'm just not sure.  I hope he comes back.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm really hard pressed to see a scenario in which Copeland comes back.  He's 23, has his degree and a history of back issues.  Also, Gill is gone too which removes his probable best friend from the team.  I just see Copeland going the pro ball route.  

Copeland is probably ready to leave...if it was me I would stay in college FOREVER!

I think Palmer has a chance to be a late 2nd rounder. The best thing we can hope for is a team tells him what to work on and gives him hope to be drafted next year. 

Copeland situation improves for us if the NBA scouts give him any sniff and also give him a blue print for being drafted next year, otherwise he might just go overseas to make some money.

If Palmer/Copeland both come back I think we have a chance to make the Tourney next year.

If Palmer is gone, I can only hope we play more "team" basketball and figure out a way but dont like our odds.

I get Miles being back but still think his strategy to get transfers is not a long term option.

31 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think Palmer has a chance to be a late 2nd rounder. The best thing we can hope for is a team tells him what to work on and gives him hope to be drafted next year. 

Copeland situation improves for us if the NBA scouts give him any sniff and also give him a blue print for being drafted next year, otherwise he might just go overseas to make some money.

If Palmer/Copeland both come back I think we have a chance to make the Tourney next year.

If Palmer is gone, I can only hope we play more "team" basketball and figure out a way but dont like our odds.

I get Miles being back but still think his strategy to get transfers is not a long term option.

Yeah but you can work on your game in the G-league or Europe and get paid

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Copeland is replaceable -  JPJ not so much

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Copeland is replaceable -  JPJ not so much

Copeland is if some of the bench guys develop a lot this offseason.

With the possible exception of Roby, how many Miles players have made big leaps in the offseason?  Not transfers

Edit: Maybe Shields and Webster??

Edited by HS_Coach_C
51 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Copeland is if some of the bench guys develop a lot this offseason.

With the possible exception of Roby, how many Miles players have made big leaps in the offseason?  Not transfers

Edit: Maybe Shields and Webster??

Lets be real for a minute. Miles has not produced in 6 years. I dont think year 7 is going to be the year all of a sudden a light turns on for him and all his players. Probably can count on Palmer and Copeland leaving. Roby will improve and be our best player next year. We will probably finish middle of the big ten, just miss out on the tourney next year. Lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the NIT. Miles will be fired and we will hire a new coach. 

There, now you dont even have to watch the season. 

29 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Lets be real for a minute. Miles has not produced in 6 years. I dont think year 7 is going to be the year all of a sudden a light turns on for him and all his players. Probably can count on Palmer and Copeland leaving. Roby will improve and be our best player next year. We will probably finish middle of the big ten, just miss out on the tourney next year. Lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the NIT. Miles will be fired and we will hire a new coach. 

There, now you dont even have to watch the season. 

There is a pretty good chance something like this ^^^ will happen.  There is also a pretty good chance that JPJ stays and Roby becomes his twin - a couple of the highly recruited freshman step up / we bring in another 1 year player that provides a supporting role and we win the same 22 games, however in a much better league and then make a run similar to Michigan (making not only our first NCAA tournament win but also a VERY short visit to the sweet 16.

Until I hear otherwise I will assume that JPJ & Cope both come back.

I will also hope that Roby realizes he's the best player on the team, Allen gains confidence since his leash shouldn't be as long as Barbie's waist is big and shoots 40% (or more) from 3, Nana & Thor figure out the defensive side of the game and we get to see what they can offer & Jordy figures out that he doesn't have to dribble every time he touches the ball & keeps the ball high after offensive rebounds.

I might be overly optimistic, but I'd rather be that than bitch & moan.  I'll bitch & moan IF they fall back to the bottom of the B1G.

• Plus1 2

Roby would replace Copeland to the point of by January everyone would forget Copeland even left. The key is Watson has to get back to atleast average play. One of Allen, Thor, nana have to make a big jump with the other two atleast proving to be reliable bench guys. If nebraskball was ever gonna catch a break it would be palmer coming back for his senior year to work on his defense and off ball offense too.

center is the real issue here, jordy needs to improve by leaps n bounds or the open

scholarship of mcveigh has to turn into a 6’9” guy who can play some ball. A front court of roby, jordy, borchardt is not gonna cut it 

23 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

There is a pretty good chance something like this ^^^ will happen.  There is also a pretty good chance that JPJ stays and Roby becomes his twin - a couple of the highly recruited freshman step up / we bring in another 1 year player that provides a supporting role and we win the same 22 games, however in a much better league and then make a run similar to Michigan (making not only our first NCAA tournament win but also a VERY short visit to the sweet 16.

That would be an awesome year. Especially since Nebraska has never won a game in the tournament. So to make it to the sweet 16 would be amazing. Fingers crossed.