So, who is going to leave?

Who leaves?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The 3 departing seniors are all transfers.

The 2 best returning players (assuming they return) are also both transfers.

It appears as if the Mile's template of building with freshmen and investing 4 years in the team is not working well (whether intended or not).

I "hope" both James and Issac return, but won't be surprised if McVeigh returns to Austrailia (given his current bench status).

Also hope Thomas Allen will be patient and stick around.

Perhaps Miles will again tap the transfer wire for additional help. ( a dream is that Daum realizes he can have more offensive support here and returns to Nebraska)

• Plus1 1

I was just curious to see where some of our previous transfers ended up and how they did. D1 stats from this year 

Bakari Evelyn (Valparaiso) 12.6 pts, 3.1 reb, 2.9 ast (FG 45%, 3P 38%)

Tarin Smith (Duquesne) 12.4 pts, 3 reb, 3.2 ast (FG 41% 3P 33%)

Nick Fuller (South Dakota) 8.8 pts, 4.1 reb (FG 56%, 3P 28%)

Nathan Hawkins (UT Arlington) 6.3 pts, 2.6 reb, 2.1 ast (FG 37% 3P 27%)

Ed Morrow - Marquette

Michael Jacobson - Iowa St 

Jeriah Horne - Tulsa 

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Strictly reporting what I've read off another paid board.  Sounds like Cope and Palmer are gone.  Dana Altman is the popular name for a return as it sounds like Miles won't be returning, mentions issues with the way he treats his players.  Take it FWIW as I am just posting cross board content.  

A friend of mine (that basically never hears anything) told me he has heard some Altman chatter.

46 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Strictly reporting what I've read off another paid board.  Sounds like Cope and Palmer are gone.  Dana Altman is the popular name for a return as it sounds like Miles won't be returning, mentions issues with the way he treats his players.  Take it FWIW as I am just posting cross board content.  

39 minutes ago, teachercd said:

A friend of mine (that basically never hears anything) told me he has heard some Altman chatter.

These anywhere near true enough to take to the Rumor forum? Do we need to ready the Sock Signal? 

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

These anywhere near true enough to take to the Rumor forum? Do we need to ready the Sock Signal? 

Reality: This friend of mine knows this guy who works with a girl who overheard the office janitor talking to himself about a dream he had where he met a janitor from UNL that overheard a conversation about Miles meeting with Moos, Moos was telling him how much Nebraska fans like that he brought in a football coach who was born in Nebraska, and then saw several players leaving the locker room not decked out in Nebraska gear.

Rumor Translation: Miles is gone, Moos is going to hire a basketball coach that was born in Nebraska - obviously Altman, and several players are leaving.

:sarcasm

I'm not saying this won't happen, but this is nothing more than a rumor right now, and a very unsubstantiated one at that.

• Plus1 3
Just now, HS_Coach_C said:

Reality: This friend of mine knows this guy who works with a girl who overheard the office janitor talking to himself about a dream he had where he met a janitor from UNL that overheard a conversation about Miles meeting with Moos, Moos was telling him how much Nebraska fans like that he brought in a football coach who was born in Nebraska, and then saw several players leaving the locker room not decked out in Nebraska gear.

Rumor Translation: Miles is gone, Moos is going to hire a basketball coach that was born in Nebraska - obviously Altman, and several players are leaving.

:sarcasm

I'm not saying this won't happen, but this is nothing more than a rumor right now, and a very unsubstantiated one at that.

So, hold off on the Sock, then? 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I don't think it is true.  I was just surprised that he brought it up to me.

Same.  I personally don't buy it.  Wouldn't be shocked to see Cope leave with his situation, however (23 & already graduated).  I think it would be hard to justify canning Miles after this year.  But, if Palmer & Cope plan on leaving, this team will be trash next year and the admin will already know this.  And it could be enough to show that we haven't been able to form chemistry with any team when our decent players keep leaving.  So what's an extra year going to do for Miles when next years team will prove his fate anyways.  

2 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Same.  I personally don't buy it.  Wouldn't be shocked to see Cope leave with his situation, however (23 & already graduated).  I think it would be hard to justify canning Miles after this year.  But, if Palmer & Cope plan on leaving, this team will be trash next year and the admin will already know this.  And it could be enough to show that we haven't been able to form chemistry with any team when our decent players keep leaving.  So what's an extra year going to do for Miles when next years team will prove his fate anyways.  

Same thing I heard at the end of last year!  It never changes.