What Should Miles Five-Year Plan Be Called?

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Does anyone think if Moos doesn't approve of his 5 year plan, Miles could be out?

Now Nick Bahe on the "is Moos slow-playing Miles while he works on other options behind the scenes" speculation.

More and more media guys are wondering why we haven't heard anything yet.  Moos apparently said he won't comment until he has more meetings with Miles.

Seems like there could be some smoke here.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Now Nick Bahe on the "is Moos slow-playing Miles while he works on other options behind the scenes" speculation.

More and more media guys are wondering why we haven't heard anything yet.  Moos apparently said he won't comment until he has more meetings with Miles.

Very well could be.  Moos said he had spent most of his time on football and hiring Frost, so he hadn't had enough time to assess the basketball situation.

Personally I don't buy that.  He's had the Frost situation handled since the beginning of December.  Granted he's been doing plenty to get things in order the way Frost wants them for his program, but he should have had time to at least get a preliminary assessment done on Men's basketball.

I understand wanting to talk with Miles more before saying a whole lot to the public, especially because he's more of a football guy than a basketball guy.

All that said, I'd still be surprised if Miles is not the coach at Nebraska next year.  Not because I think he's an amazing coach, but 22-11.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, there has been a lot of talk about it.  Now, if it is coming From Nick BaheJay it is probably him trying to get Jays fans to stop calling out McCuses, that guy is on a downward trajectory and already used his "get a raise card" last year when he pretended like Ohio State wanted him.

With that said, If you are going to can Miles now is probably the time since the buyout (I think) would be pretty small

I'm completely fine with Moos playing the 'wait and see' game especially with some of the mid majors absolutely killing it at the NCAAs.  

I personally have a giant man crush on Eric Musselman who has revived the Nevada program after Fox left in 2009.  I've watched way more than my fair share of Nevada games this year because they started off en fuego ATS this season and I just kinda followed along.  Dude makes Miles look like he drinks decaf coffee plus he's a heckuva in game coach if you watched the Nevada/Texas or Nevada/Cincy games.  

I'd be tickled pink if Moos got that dude.

Edited by Xmas32
Just now, Xmas32 said:

I'm completely fine with Moos playing the 'wait and see' game especially with some of the mid majors absolutely killing it at the NCAAs.  

I personally have a giant man crush on Eric Musselman who has revived the Nevada program after Fox left in 2009.  Dude makes Miles look like he drinks decaf coffee plus he's a heckuva in game coach if you watched the Nevada/Texas or Nevada/Cincy games.  

Mussles is a really good coach and a sneaky good recruiter.  Lots of talk of him ended up at Zona but who knows what will happen there.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Mussles is a really good coach and a sneaky good recruiter.  Lots of talk of him ended up at Zona but who knows what will happen there.

Yeah the Arizona situation is going to be really, really interesting.  Miller has a monstrous buyout.

35 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I personally have a giant man crush on Eric Musselman who has revived the Nevada program after Fox left in 2009.  I've watched way more than my fair share of Nevada games this year because they started off en fuego ATS this season and I just kinda followed along.  Dude makes Miles look like he drinks decaf coffee plus he's a heckuva in game coach if you watched the Nevada/Texas or Nevada/Cincy games.  

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

There was a rumor talked about last week on Sharp and Benning that Eichorst made a play for Musselman a few years ago, and he passed. 

The more I hear about the transfers last season the more it made sense that it wasn’t as much a program/Mile’s thing, but kids who recognized they’ll lose playing time. No way Jacobsen over Copeland, or Morrow matching what JPJ could do - according to Sipple, Morrow wanted that role.

In my opinion, it is a program issue when those kids leave instead of backing up the depth of the bench and graduating guys through the system. 

Interesting to note that while listening to USC1620 today they said that Miles had to request an a meeting and went through a go between to set it up with Moos. The optics of that don’t fare well. 

I lean toward if Miles can keep the core team intact and not lose JPJ or Copeland to turning pro, then maybe he has a better grip on the program than we’ve witnessed in years past. If he can’t keep guys from leaving, there is bigger issue. 

Greg McDermott is a good coach, and great person, don’t understand the negativity around him. He has competed for regular season and conference championships nearly every season and is doing a pretty solid job of transitioning from a mid major to a legit hoops conference. Not to mention he has smoked his in state rival annually. Kind of reminds me of my time living in Spokane and listening to people bag on Mark Few who has earned himself a lifetime contract at Gonzaga. They definitely need to get over the hump though, but even then, people will still hate. 

• Plus1 1