Can't Miss Any Games This Year

Living in the Houston area means many Huskers games will not be televised, especially when the team is not ranked. In the last two years, that didn't bother me too much. I would usually listen to the web cast and gain insight from the board ... or just do something else. I can't bear to miss any games this year. The sports bars in the Houston area are not that desirable. Too much noise from other games, and uncomfortable seats. What are the best options for viewing all the Husker games? I am stuck with comcast cable.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Living in the Houston area means many Huskers games will not be televised, especially when the team is not ranked. In the last two years, that didn't bother me too much. I would usually listen to the web cast and gain insight from the board ... or just do something else. I can't bear to miss any games this year. The sports bars in the Houston area are not that desirable. Too much noise from other games, and uncomfortable seats. What are the best options for viewing all the Husker games? I am stuck with comcast cable.

Fox sports go and watch espn?

52 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I’ll be honest, I have no clue how you can’t view every game.

Especially for a message board poster. Boggles the mind a bit here Michigan Dad. :D

I would expect that from a casual fan, but no one around here is casual.

If you have comcast, can you swing BTN? If not, do you know someone who does that would share login info?  You can then use the Big Ten app, Fos soirts app, etc to watch games. You can get a chromecast for cheap to send anything on a phone or tablet to your tv.

I have been watching this way since 2011, when I cut the cord from cable.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Here's a link for the Houstonians for Huskers page.  I would imagine they have a dedicated spot for watch parties and other good info.

http://houstonians4huskers.com/

Ditto this rec. I watch all the games with the Austin equivalent, they're all on TV. Looks like this is the spot for Houston: "Watch parties are at the Fox and Hound Sports Bar located on Westheimer, approximately 1 miles west of Beltway 8 between Wilcrest Dr. and S. Kirkwood Rd."

7 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I know that there are some husker bars in the area. Maybe that will be a little more palatable. If you figure out a good solution, let me know. I'll be in Houston almost every other weekend during the season. Wouldn't mind someone else doing the scouting for me. 

9 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Dude get Directv or Dish Network and you'll see every game.  Nebraska's games will either be on ABC/ESPN, BTN, or FS1.  If you have those four channels you'll see every Nebraska game regardless if they're ranked or not.