Can't Miss Any Games This Year

5 hours ago, runningblind said:

Especially for a message board poster. Boggles the mind a bit here Michigan Dad. :D

I would expect that from a casual fan, but no one around here is casual.

If you have comcast, can you swing BTN? If not, do you know someone who does that would share login info?  You can then use the Big Ten app, Fos soirts app, etc to watch games. You can get a chromecast for cheap to send anything on a phone or tablet to your tv.

I have been watching this way since 2011, when I cut the cord from cable.

I never missed a game pre MR. But the last 3 years were so bad that I turned off the TV and did yard work several times. My worst fear that MR would win just enough games not to be fired, and my Huskers would remain at a level just below iowa, but not bad enough to fire MR. What a blessing it is to have Frost and his entire staff.

3 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I know that there are some husker bars in the area. Maybe that will be a little more palatable. If you figure out a good solution, let me know. I'll be in Houston almost every other weekend during the season. Wouldn't mind someone else doing the scouting for me. 

Give me a shout. I will find a way to have a great Husker experience for you. I have a great back yard patio with a giant Texas grill and an outdoor refrigerator stocked with Shiners.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

We were not on ABC/ESPN at all last year.

TBH, I have been expecting that for years.  Every year during the Pelini era we would get curb stomped on ABC or eSPN in the one big gane they would schedule us. I am surprised it took em that long to stop putting us on.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:38 AM, Toe said:

Ditto this rec. I watch all the games with the Austin equivalent, they're all on TV. Looks like this is the spot for Houston: "Watch parties are at the Fox and Hound Sports Bar located on Westheimer, approximately 1 miles west of Beltway 8 between Wilcrest Dr. and S. Kirkwood Rd."

Which place do you go to in Austin? I saw a few games at Third Base up north, but havent gone since the moved it to Sam's Boat. Mostly because I didnt want to watch the games in public after the first few. 

@PasstheDamnBallGuy Yeah, that's where I go. I kinda miss Third Base, to be honest. They had enough screens that they could easily be seen from any seat, while at Sam's Boat, half the seats you're looking waaay across the restaurant to see the screen. Third Base just got too crowded after Ohio State started having their watch parties there (supposedly Sam's Boat asked them to leave for being too rowdy). Then again, it probably would've been fine later in the season, as small as the Nebraska crowd got to be. :(

• Plus1 1

On 3/18/2018 at 9:56 AM, Xmas32 said:

Here's a link for the Houstonians for Huskers page.  I would imagine they have a dedicated spot for watch parties and other good info.

http://houstonians4huskers.com/

Spent two seasons in Phoenix...the Husker watch sites there were awesome.  Pretty sure they are made "official" by the U.  I'd imagine there have to be some of equal quality in the Houston area.  Best of luck....and Go Big Red!!!

21 hours ago, Toe said:

@PasstheDamnBallGuy Yeah, that's where I go. I kinda miss Third Base, to be honest. They had enough screens that they could easily be seen from any seat, while at Sam's Boat, half the seats you're looking waaay across the restaurant to see the screen. Third Base just got too crowded after Ohio State started having their watch parties there (supposedly Sam's Boat asked them to leave for being too rowdy). Then again, it probably would've been fine later in the season, as small as the Nebraska crowd got to be. :(

Yeah I noticed those OSU fans were encroaching at Third Base when I was there.  I usually make a point to go out for the opening week game, but with how excited people are I imagine I would have to get there pretty early to get a good seat this year.

On a side note I really enjoy the emails from the guy who organizes it. He had to try really hard to pump sunshine last year. 

• Plus1 1